stock air filter mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double-O-Zilch

BASHMASTER
I came up with this one day when I was bored. I noticed if I spun the air filter cage around the inlet it would somewhat block the air inlet slits. I'm not that sure it made a big horsepower gain, it just made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I did it with a body reamer and recomend if you try it, be careful, it will crack if you get overzealous. Don't laugh too hard, I've only been into nitro for two and a half months now.
100_1576.jpg

Its a good idea. Only thing is it still goes into the same diameter inlet hole. Drilling the hole over sized a bit would probably net some gains. But I'm sure hpi did flow testing determining that the stock air filter on a stock motor flows enough air for the power band.

Thanks guys. I hope to have access to a metal lathe soon and will modify the intake further. I too beleive HPI did their R+D, like I said I was bored.

Thank you Jason, like I said I will expand on this further in the future. Every thing I've owned (car wise) seemed to respond better to breathing better. I just found spinning the cage around blocked the slits, try it, you'll see what I'm talking about. The holes line up when the slits are blocked. Stay tuned, I love the stock filter and just wish to make it better. And by the way I run 30%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back