still cant figure out steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FL Savage 25

Still can't figure out the Savage linkage,I have searched,looked at exploded views. Does any one have a link with step by step instructions or a pic without front skid plate installed.I can usually figure these things out. Previous owner stripped out a couple of screws which makes it worse.

Thx,
Charles

Hey FL 25 - PM Jt and see if he might havea few pics to show you that is if he doesn't see this thread first.

This help at all?

02t.jpg

2.jpg

A build manual can be found HERE.

snoop? is one of those pics backwards? the first shows the bellcrank on one side, and the other has it opposite...LOL

Yeah it is backwards - never noticed before.

The pic was originally used to show the location of
bearings as opposed to bushes to make the steering
smoother with little or no binding.

Well spotted :cool:

Thanks guys,waiting on parts,if I don't figure it out,I'll drive 50 miles to Citrus Springs and let LHS fix It.Exploded view was for a Savage 35.Bellcrank and stock steering is what I'm looking at now.

thanks support has been outstanding!

ok,got everything hooked up,but now my front wheels only turn maybe 1/4" each way,aggggggggg,we'll go over it again tomorrow.Engine runs good hate to sell it BUT...........

tighten up the tensioner on the servo saver?

Next question. I am running a traxxas 3 channel receiver I had laying around,will this cause issues with steering travel?My servo only moves slightly left or right,I checked for binding,recentered servo,I am using the HPI transmitter?

if you are using the HPI stock TX, there is a little knob next to the wheel that limits the steering servo range of motion, make sure its set full to the right

Latest posts

Members online

Back