steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob1977

I got the savage xl large one bought second hand to do up. The steering don't seem to move that well on the ground standing still. Took it apart there is no serve saver just 2 plastic tubes over the metal bars is this why?
Cheers

No that wouldn't be why.. but you should pitch that set up and get you a cam. 2 type servo saver for sure.. as for it not turning while sitting still that can be a few things.. weak batteries or power pack.. screws to tight.or servo to weak. Or tire gripping to hard. Does it seem to turn east when rolling?

Considering it's completely stock, i would upgrade from those black bushing in the steering posts to bearings and upgrade the stock servo with a hitec.

You can pick up a decent hitec servo for $45 shipped.
Hitec 5645MG with 168 oz/in at 6v.

Not sure what it's like moving yet got the engine out waiting on a spur gear. All screws tightened up other day and it seems better goes one way good the other way rubbish. Did I read on here to set the steering servo have the adjuster on the controller pushed to the right????? Regarding the post there black tubing over chrome posts there seems to be a gap between the chassis and the black plastic over chrome post.
Sorry for sounding dumb new to this.

Cheers
Rob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back