stainless of fiberglass disk brakes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny

i wore out the duel stainless disks i had on my truck and when i took it apart to replace the brake pads the disks were warped so my question is should i replace my brakes with another set of stainless disks or the savage X fiberglass brakes?

i like the single graphite disc that HPI sells, i had 5 gallons on it and changed it cus it was apart. didnt really need it, but i figured why not.

The fibre ones stop great but they are a bit weak. Mine are due for replacing soon and I might try and find different discs that will fit and that are a bit tougher.

thats almost the same as the HPI single disc brake. go with that, you cant go wrong.

its like $8 or something like that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actualy got to use it for the first time past engine break in today. They took 3 quals and a 15 minute main with no problems at all and no fade. I will be doing a full teardown tomorrow and check it all out and see how it fared its first race.
The reason its so much is it comes with a very nice brake nut and the titanium pads are both very thick. Even if the disk doesn't last forever the pads should. I think it was worth it so far.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back