Squeal Baby Squeal !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rc Zombie

Just got 20t Novak pinion with a 44t spur not sure if its the correct gear choice as far of size and ratio it seems a bit high to me but 8th scale buggy is all my experience so I have set the year mesh every way I know how used cailpers to check for squareness and on the bench with no load on it it sounds like a pig farm is this normal with metal to metal gearing with electric cause I have never occured this with any nitros in the past any advice on getting this quiet

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

Best way is to recheck the gear mesh - put a piece of notebook paper in between the gears, and after you tighten them up, pull it out - that should be the perfect mesh :)

Done that I several times I used note book paper , then tried some special thickness paper I have that's .14 mils then doubled both tried it with a envelope single and double then a visual set then back to note book as its given me the best result I run a rc8be with plastic spur and metal pinion and it was surprisingly quiet however even my hyper7 that has metal to metal its pretty much quiet only the motor is heard but this is the first time in 28 years I'm just dumbfounded ...has anyone used plastic spurs on a flux I'm not into flipping or wheelies just running over my son's XS Would the plastic spurs work ????

check the gears - metal gears will make more noise than plastic - but that doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem. My Flux is much louder (drivetrain wise) than my nitro ever was...

I reset the mesh and squared the motor mounts with my caliper and its a lot better still a bit noisy but I can live with it thanks guys

Their both mod 1 stock spur and Novak 20t pinion. Both mod 1 I'm sure of that I got the noise down quite a bit once I squared the mount I guess on side of the pinion was too tight due to the mis-alignment I think its within .02 of being perfect and I'm sure its probably normal now

I just figured out how to post to YouTube I got my first video up today but I don't know send links from my phone my YouTube name is jeffrysfurgason if that helps ill get some pics of the savages when I in the am I need a esc and motor for the xs and just waiting on payday for a set of integys 17mm adaptors for the ofna titan wheels and rims I like building my cars from the ground up from parts I just enjoy the building aspect of it much more than open and go that is flooded the market .....

ae8dd544-0af8-ce79.jpg
ae8dd568-0b1f-727b.jpg
ae8dd067-0b3b-fc68.jpg

The XS is for my 3yr old son "diddle" his given name is Dylan but I called him that when he was a baby and its stuck he even calls himself that and mine is the flux hp all stock except the tires and electrics as you can tell only futaba is allowed in the home and other than that I sold off a few others to get the $$$ for this project a father and son savage bash hopefully to be completed soon ....I have a vintage traxxas bullet that will be coming in soon from eBay it was my first kit I ever built that my mom bought when I was 15 back in 1990 so this will be a shelf queen from that era and it will simmer so to speak with my next build a baja5b built from parts I got the ss manual and just plan on doing it one step at a time until its done my whole purpose is to ultimately use it to pull my kids in a wagon and spend the quality time building with my son ,3 years old and looks forward to checking the mailbox for parts .....I really enjoy that he is taking a liking toward Rc as it kept me out of a lot of trouble growing up .....

Thats why I did it. Sadly I don't have my son to do it with anymore but I promissed next time I visit him or he visits me we would run the trucks. He is almost 5 now. He is the reason I am getting back into it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back