Spur Gear Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorman

I have an X 4.6 RTR and I'm just replacing my first spur gear. The one I took off looks way different than the one my LHS gave me. The old one has a sort of tapered cone on the one side (HPI P/N 76937, 47T) and the new one is flat on both sides (HPI P/N 77094, 49T) before I get too carried away on installation will this new different style one work my my rig? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say backside do you mean between the spur and tranny, or between the nut/spring and the spur?

I just looked at the picture that you posted on McF's question about a picture and the metal part you're talking goes on either side of the spur by the looks of things correct?

There is a set of steel slipper pad between the trans slipper and also between the spur and the spring/nut. I added a link to a pict above. It kind of shows it. Its the best pict I have of it.

Nothing really, they will probably hold a bit longer untill they slip, I suppose you could call it the slippage point. But since they are adjustable with the nut and spring its not neccasary. I guess I really just lock mine down anyway.

So replacing the spur with just another stock one is probably the best and cheaper cause I don't have those metal plates either.

That seals it this new spur is going back to the LHS to get exchanged. Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated Jason!!

i got the same spur gear and i just took the brass spacer out of the stock gear and used it as a spacer and mine works fine

Good to hear I wasn't the only one that did that! I have since changed to the HPI aluminum spur.

Tractor, your better off sticking with the single slipper. Almost everybody on here will pretty much say the same thing because the dual slipper isn't as reliable as the single. That's why HPI switched back to the single slipper on the newer Savage X's. Hope this helps a bit.

I guess I haven't had any problems with the Dual on my savage X yet. I went threw about 3 of them in 9 gallons but one was from heat and the others were my bad about having bad mesh. Not trying to say that the single isnt better. I do run the single on my racer and nave had no problems with it either.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back