Spektrum DX3.0, Rechargable battery pack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hevi99

I picked up a DX3.0 a few weeks ago. I'm looking for a recharge pack, but I cant seem to find one. Just curious what other people are running in yours. It eats up alkaline's pretty quick.

I'm using 2000mAh Sony Cycle Energy Blue.

If you plan to recharge the batteries on the radio, remember that the Spektrum charge plug polarity is reversed, center pin is ground. And if you want to use any kind of intelligent charger, you must open the radio to make a jumper over the protection diode.

I use to recharge mine when it reaches 5V. That gives me two bash sessions, or 8-10 tanks, about two and a half hours of use.

However, this is very conservative, you can easily get 4 hours or more out of one charge.

I highly recommend those Cycle Energy Blue cells, bucause they can hold 80% of the charge for over a year, no need to charge before every session.

You can mod that TX to take 2 hump packs in series to still get the 12 + volts and run forever ..

Humm, just found the 3.0 is a 8-cell transmitter. My DX3S is only 4-cell.

Anyway, two hump packs in a transmitter? Attached with rubber bands? :)

And durability is a matter or current capacity, not voltage.

you may want to see if a lhs has the tx pack that fits the jr xs3 pro same shell as a dx 3.0....
JRP337275-450.jpg

I run the rechargeable energizers as well. My son has this same radio. They will hold up all day long and if I need to charge them I just use the savage radio battery holder and my charger to charge em back up.

I picked up a set of Venom 2400's today from my local hobby shop, they aren't the low self discharge, but they were onsale and i've had good dealings with venom's cells in the past. Instead of buying the wall charger for the remote I just picked up a 9 volt snap connector from Radio Shack and soldered a Tamiya connector on the end, So I can just take out the pack, plug it in and charge it up.

Latest posts

Members online

Back