Spektrum DX2.0 for Savage X?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Thinking of upgrading to this radio, what does everyone think?

Spektrum 3.0 binding conflicts

I have the original reciever that came with my 3.0 in my savage and last week picked up another reciever to use in one of my other cars, the one I just bought has the telemetry capabilitiess but I'm not using that feature. So they are both bound the Savage on #1 (of course)! And the other on #2 but when using the #2 model function, the savage picks up that signal and the tires turn and throttle is controlled just like the other. I thought this wasn't supposed to ever happen with this controller, or could it somehow be operator error????

I bought a used DX 2 and DX3.0 off ebay and have not had any problems with distance, binding or twitching issues. My only complaint would be the DX3.0 only has memory for 4 models.

I have the original reciever that came with my 3.0 in my savage and last week picked up another reciever to use in one of my other cars, the one I just bought has the telemetry capabilitiess but I'm not using that feature. So they are both bound the Savage on #1 (of course)! And the other on #2 but when using the #2 model function, the savage picks up that signal and the tires turn and throttle is controlled just like the other. I thought this wasn't supposed to ever happen with this controller, or could it somehow be operator error????

How ever many rx's you bind to the TX, which ever RX you power up will be picked by the TX regardless of the model # selected. The TX holds all the setting data for a specific model, not the RX, so its important that you select the right model on the TX. I repeatedly learn this lesson, sometimes the hard way....lol

I too picked up a used 2.0 from a buddy. The whole time he had it I never saw a bit of trouble with him using it, nor did I hear him complain about it. I have just started using it, but works great for me so far.

Spectrum radios are OK but are rather on the bad quality side IMO. I've seen enough people have glitching and bind issues. I would not get one

Check out the Futaba 3PM fasst http://cgi.ebay.com/Futaba-FUTK2020...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50 Its a top notch radio! I love mine.

I use a spektrum dx2 and have been for about a year, It is a basic radio but it is dsm It has been very reliable and I have had no issues with it on binding or glitching, in fact I traded for 2 extra spektrum receivers for other rcs I own and they binded up perfectly the first time.

I too picked up a used 2.0 from a buddy. The whole time he had it I never saw a bit of trouble with him using it, nor did I hear him complain about it. I have just started using it, but works great for me so far.

YOU DANG RIGHT! i hope i never have a problem with the dx2. i hope i never have a problem with my DX3S. if it was 3/4 of what the dx2 was.......i've love it.

the remote works awesome, just thought it was strange that it picked up and controlled both rc's. Thanks for everyones input and experiences!

I have DX3.0 on three of our trucks. No issues. Great radio for what we use it for. Never had a glitching issue or range issue.

Have you ever had more than one turned on at a time?

yes. Usually 2 are in service at the same time... my truck and my son's truck. occasionally we have all 3 on at the same time (when we bring someone along and they run the spare truck).

Each radio is bound to a specific receiver (i.e. I do not use 1 radio for multiple trucks). The other 2 spare trucks have the stock radio systems.

Ok, I have my radio bound to two trucks. What happened was I finished racing with one truck and forgot to shut off the electronics and when I turned on my savage and changed my radio setting to the savage, the other reciever was picking it up.

I have been using my DX2 for a few years now and haven't had any trouble with binding, switching models or glitching.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back