Space Stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Thunder, I am fascinated with aeronautical stuff as my brother is going into aeronautical engineering sorry for spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched a night launch back in Aug 2001. Was at the Kennedy space center which was the closest you could get to a launch. It was an awesome sight to watch, and super loud.

I bet it was one of sweetest things youv'e ever seen. I would love to see one sometime as well and thanks for includding us on those picts as well.

PS>Sorry I am a horrable speller and always have been.

My oldest brother is a systems engineer at KSC at the cape. He sends me all kinds of stuff. To get a chance to the shuttle take off is amazing. The shuttle at top speed is 17,000mph and kicking out 37 million horsepower. The tip of the shuttle is going over a 100mph before it hit the top of the tower....like 20 ft. The VAB building is so big that when they open the doors clouds will move through it. The flag on the side of the building is enormous, the stars I believe are 5' across. Here are some more pics he sent me awile ago...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...de=fromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Way cool! I remember knowing some friend of the family's back when I was 5 years old giving me a bunch of paper information on the shuttle and have been fascinated with it ever since.
Thanks for sharing!

Dave

in my pyhsics class we have a giant poster of one launching off at night it looks so aswome and i wanna see one one day to.couple years ago i was into astronomy but i got out of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back