SOULJA's SMART midtank for UNDER $30!!! SSOOOO Simple you NEVER thought about it!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's probably going to use that to bolt on the TVP's for the FLM servo mounts. I'm pretty sure it's for some HPI carbon fiber TVP's instead of a set of PRC Tvp's that already have the servo mount holes.

How did the receiver work out?
Looks really tight to me with the angle of the cover in the front. If I was you I would put the batt in a rush box with Larsen's (prc180) Rush box plate in front of the shock towers and keep the receiver in the radio box in a balloon like Bob said.
Just an idea.
Let us know how it works out!

Last edited by a moderator:
pics coming tomorrow.........late night and i'm tired....

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it has no mill but get a shot of the full truck. want to see the full view when yea get a chance ...

aaahhhhhhhhhh.................that's coming in another thread my good friend......can't let the cat out the bag too earley......

here is the plate that i made to mount the servo. it is a piece of aluminum and bolts to where the old tank mount would have gone. i will probably polish this out later. it is just a piece of thick sheet aluminum i got from the hobby shop.

the new HPI HD Heatsink Engine plate part #102699. there is a thread on a review i did of it ....just got my engine today so testing will be very soon.......

i thried the battery in the box today....man....couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit!! the small Spektrum receiver i have will work right on the top of it....so i will take a few ballons to wrap it in and a little silicone to seal it in to. this truck is gonna have Telemetry...so i have to make sure there is enough room for all those wires. i am gonna decide where i want to put the switch & charging jack tonight......

here's a better pic of the servo plate

no.....its beside the engine now. that's what that flat piece of metal is there for. you will need the FLM servo mounts to mount to that plate to mount the servo.

well the throttle servo would bolt to the tvp but how can the steering servo be beside the engine?

I think he misunderstood you LOL. Usually the steering servo goes in the stock location but there are a couple ways of doing that. Either mount it to the TVP's, or some people figure out a way to leave it in the radio box depending on your tank choice. I'm not sure how chose to do it on this build.

Looking back at at the pics and the way he did this, I think he may have left the steering servo in the stock location in the radio box, under the 'step' in the stock tank.

Thanks Mickey, guess I could have read into it a little more instead of just looking at the pics LOL!

Sadly the pix are prolly gone forever, that happens when the user deletes the account at PB.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back