Something fishy. 6s not giving any power.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayOhh

So as some of you may know from my previous threads, I got a used Flux with used 3s batteries.

I've been running 4s untill now. Had some issues with the flux, but I seem to have fixed most of it.

So the other day, I decided to try my 3s batteries after I ran the 2s empty. I had no power and checked the batteries. The had 3.7-3.9v per cell. It was cold out, and I thought maybe they just needed a charge. Tried again today with fully charged "warm" batteries, but still no power. Once I hit the throttle it barely moves, then after a second it goes to about half power of my 2s.

The batteries seemed a little weird when I charged them. Voltage jumped a bit, but all cells ended up at 4.18-4.20v. I also put a lipoalarm on while trying it today, to see if voltage dropped too much, but it seemed fine.

So how do I know if it's the batteries or the ESC which is causing this? Buying 2x3s batteries is about them same price as buying a hobbywing ESC.

PS! I Can't borrow batteries from anybody else to try out. Only me and a friend driving together, and he runs gas... And no hobbyshops around.

PSPS! Everything is fine on 2s batteries, and ESC gives 6 tones when I plug in the 3s'.

It sounds like the batteries. Too bad you don't have any others to test with, but the fact that it works fine on 2S really makes me think it's the 3S packs.

It sounds like the batteries. Too bad you don't have any others to test with, but the fact that it works fine on 2S really makes me think it's the 3S packs.
Yeah I have a bad feeling about those batteries, but everything seems ok. Is there no way to test them?

I'm sure theres a lengthy process for testing batteries. I usually just use the intended vehicle to test against a known good battery.

Without expensive test equipment that's probably the only way to tell.

A quick update. I just red that the recommended minimum power for the ESC is 120A. The batteries I'm having trouble with are 3800mah 30c, which should give 114 continuos ampere. Are these batteries too weak? Maybe they worked when they were new, but lost some power along the way?

A minimum 120A? I suppose that could be part of it. They say batteries are usually the limiting Factor. In my big lipos I use 5000 mah and at least 35C. In my small scale stuff I get the highest mah and C rating I can.
On a side note, I really like SPC batteries. I also hear a lot of good about SMC

Ok. Guess I'll just order some new batteries then. It will have to wait, since I just ordered a bunch of other stuff for this truck. Just gonna have to stick to 4s for a couple more weeks.

4S is plenty for me. I'm already tearing up my drivetrain and flipping over backwards all the time. Are you a fan of speed runs?

Latest posts

Members online

Back