Some pics of my Bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TH3180

I see a lot of people asking about bodies on truck so I decided to post a few of the bodies I have painted I know there not the greatest but hay I a sheet metal worker not a painter I will add more when I get my other Camaro body and my Corvette body done so what do you all think
fd04a2ce.jpg

677d014f.jpg

f7225f24.jpg

751b428e.jpg

3473c632.jpg

f8b1f841.jpg

1cbeceb2.jpg

d1c86c40.jpg

fea8b4e7.jpg

Yeah I think I will paint the vette body next I think I may start it today while watching the race I like bodies that no one else has and that make the truck look different

Well I got the Corvette body done I am not to happy with the paint job but I did learn a lot with fading and what not plus I now know a Corvette body will fit the truck I had to lower the roll bar 3/4 of an inch but that was no big deal a little JB weld, Dremal tool and a few rivets and it was done I think I am going to buy another one and see if I can paint it better So what do you all think of it
a2af33ea.jpg

0dc50e37.jpg

8b81363b.jpg

dd31e607.jpg

HPI_Savage25 said:
looks COOL... btw what was it made for?
Any street car you just have to make sure you get a 200mm body and it should fit a Savage at least that what I was told and so far it is true the wheel wells don't line up but I don't care about that

nice looking bodies, I like the paint on the corvette. I didn't even notice that the wheel wells didn't line up til you said something.

sleeper341 said:
I thought i put some pics of my bodies on here too. Again, I'm no artist! What do you think?
:D
I like them you did a great job with the fade
Well Come on folks step up to the plate let see some bodies that you have painted

cheers TH, I impressed myself with the fade too, i thought it was gonna come out looking a mess but it went ok.

I did practice on the inside of a 2L coke bottle first just to test out what would look good and how easy it would be. Its a great way to try out new techniques before you do the final job on your shell.

you both did nice paintwork.
obviously you guys are better painters than I am.
I only made single colored bodies but I`m gonna look for my old airbrush at my parents attic.
it must be somewhere around there.
I made a lot of plastic model kits when I was a kid but that is almost 20 years, a lot of beer and a lot of weird green stuff ago.( glad I don`t do that anymore )
I made a lot of 1/35 scale tanks & military vehicles and the last 20 I built were all painted with an airbrush.
with some patience & practice I think I`ll be able to paint some real nice bodies.
I`ve been thinking of a camouflage painting in black, white and 2 shades of grey.
the same camouflage as an M1a1 abrams tank, only in different colors.
If I did it on a 1/35 abrams tank 20 years ago, I should be able to do it on a 1/8 truck body.
I do need to refine my skills again.

One thing the painter at the hobby shop I go to suggested and I did was I bought some bodies off of ebay and from there shop that were cheep non of them even fit my truck but it was a cheap way to see what the paint does when you mix and spray different ways I almost enjoy painting bodies as much as driven my truck

I like that idea of practicing on the 2 liter coke bottles, nice cheap way to go. In the next month or so I'm picking up an airbrush and was wondering the best way to practice without spending $25-$30 on a body.

The coke bottles are a great idea or like I said you can find cheap bodies heck I have picked them up for just over $2 a piece on ebay another thing I have heard is go to a hardware store and get a window something like a scratch and dent deal paint it than remove the paint and start all over again just a few ideas for you

So you just paint on the window and after it drys scrape it off? That might work out real easy for me I have a couple of old windows sitting outside from when I replaced mine. I am definitly going to have to watch ebay closer from now on, are there any certain bodies that go the cheapest?

I haven't looked on ebay for a while but when I got them I just typed in R/C body and started with the cheapest ones thats how I found them

Thanks you the flames where easy I used a paint mask from Parma

I know that it isn't a Savage but I figured I would post in any way I just got this Losi XXX-T MF used from a friend but I had to paint my own body what do you think? Plus I would like to get this thread back going I really like to see what other people paint so come on post some pics
LosiCrowdPlezer007.jpg

LosiCrowdPlezer006.jpg

LosiCrowdPlezer003.jpg

LosiCrowdPlezer002.jpg

LosiCrowdPlezer001.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back