some kinda homemade rollcage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good bud, keep us up to date as you finish it.

Are you going to put any more cross bracing on that cage?

If it holds get you gonna sell some?? I think I would be interested.

I might try to make a couple to sell but I'm not sure just yet. How thick are the rods on the regular rollcages that you can buy and how much wieght can you put on them? I figured that if the 250lbs maintenance man at my work can stand on it and it don't give it should be able to take my beatings!

I might try to make a couple to sell but I'm not sure just yet. How thick are the rods on the regular rollcages that you can buy and how much wieght can you put on them? I figured that if the 250lbs maintenance man at my work can stand on it and it don't give it should be able to take my beatings!

Just remember even though it can hold the weight doesn't always mean it can take a beating. When you jump your truck youu will have a 10-15 pound truck being pulled on by gravity so if the ground is hard it will tweak some. (For every action there is a opposite and equal reaction) The out come will be different than just a static 250 pounds standing on the cage. But test it hard and revise where needed, I hope all works out, if you don't like the outcome, might want to look in to Delrin rod. ;)

Haven't heard from you in awhile bud, did this project get put on the back burner for the moment?

Yeah the project had to be put on hold for a few. Woring so much overtime that i really haven't had time to go in to work early and play around. But now that the hollidays are over i will get back to it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back