smoked servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stripersniper

I hooked up battery wrong today and steering servo went up in smoke. Nothing else looked bad but I switched battery and throttle didn't work either. So my guess is I need a new little receiver box and steering servo. If I order same receiver box will remote automatically work? Also factory servo seemed ok to me. It's a rf 40 I think. Can get new off ebay for 22 bucks. Is there another one that's alot better around 25? Don't want to spend another 100 just yet if don't have to.

what what ?? are not the battery connections polarized?? how would one go about hooking it up backwards???? seems to me one would have to try to do this....

what what ?? are not the battery connections polarized?? how would one go about hooking it up backwards???? seems to me one would have to try to do this....
It's a hump cell 1600 and it obviously will fit either way. I knew to make sure red went to red but just wasn't thinking about it I guess. When I cut swith on it was instant smoke.

Wife got it for me at hobby store and guy told her to make sure wires matched when I hooked to charger so I was always careful but just dumb mistake today.

I'm trying to figure out what to order so I can get it on its way asap. Store had servo but no receiver.

is the receiver a crystal unit or a 2.4 ghz unit, crystal unit will require no real setup whereas the 2.4 ghz unit may require binding to the tx for it to work correctly.... if you have the manual for the vehicle and radio there should be instructions on how to accomplish the binding procedure

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back