Slipper Clutch or Differential?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I do this and something does or doesn't slip the where do I go from there?

that is going to let you know which end of the truck may be causing the symptom you are describing...

It checks all your drive shafts, drive cups and wheel hubs. If nothing slips you are back to the transmission. I have never had a problem with mine so I have no idea there.
If something is slipping you have to find where and fix it.

After going through all these posts, you still haven't answered questions that have been asked. Everyone one is saying "look at this, look at that, look at ?" when you haven't clearly stated where things stop spinning when this issue occurs. It's not a tough question to answer.

We understand you have an issue with losing power transfer somewhere between the engine and the ground.

When this happens, answer the following, each in reference to spin speed increasing/decreasing with engine RPM when the issue occurs:
1) Does the flywheel spin? If yes go to the next one.
2) Does the CB spin? If yes go to the next one.
3) Does the spur spin? If yes go to the next one.
4) Does the shaft the spur is connected to spin? If yes go to the next one.
5) Do either the front/rear shafts coming out of the trans spin? Both should spin. If yes go to the next one.
6) Do the brake hub and front center cup spin? If yes go to the next one.
7) Do the center dogbones spin? If yes go to the next one.
8) do the cups going into the diffs from the center spin? If yes go to the next one.
9) Do the cups coming out of the diffs to the wheel axles spin? If yes go to the next one.
10) Do the wheel dogbones spin? If yes go to the next one.
11) Do the wheel shafts/nuts all spin, or do 2 of them spin?

It's a pretty simple diagnosis to figure out where your power transfer is lost. Once you figure that out, you either know your problem, or we have the right info to help you further.

Last edited:
Well I done this and it's all okay apart for the dogs bones spin a little and don't connect but that should cause the car to stop and high Rev right?

The fact is that if you really looked through everything that olds97_lss listed (and everyone else in this thread) you would likely find your issue. Seems to me you are unwilling to take the good advice of those that have been there.

Without us being in front of the truck there is very little we can do to help you besides calling out common failure points. The investigation relies on you doing the work.

I have looked through all the problems you have all listed and I appreciate it very much!

Today I put some new updated clutch shoes with my updated spur gear and I went out and all is good no problems now... So yes it was just the clutch shoes the original ones was melted because the previous owner didn't uprate then with all the other parts he done... So I am very pleased that it is sorted.... Thankyou all for your help you have all been great and I can't thank yous enough! :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back