Sliper Pad no more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xadous

Hey guys

I picked up my savage last week and boy is it fun but I'm having a little problem .

The slipper pad does not like me at all lol .

I now have 2 spares as I'm having the tighten the spring every run almost .

Does anyone else have this problem ?

Oh yea my first post so please be kind lol

Regards,

Xadous

Cheers guys

the bolt isnt coming loose i belive it was a jump and i paniced when i though it was going to land on its face .

It ended up landing on the rear wheels and just stood up and launched then yea the rest it history lol

Whats the hex washer? is that the lock bolt?

sorry I'm new to the Savage game and Rcs in general lol

its all good .. everyones new at some point its all a learning experiance... the hex washer is on the spure gear .. goes on the shaft the spur gear goes on .... so spur gear then the brass bushing .. then the hex washer then the spring fallowed up by the lock nut .... tighten it way down .. i run mine all the way tight ..

Cheers

Well here is a pic of it lol i ealised htere isnt much of a pad left lol just um some stuff lol

yeah it slipped and melted it ... to loose .. next pad you put on make sure the gear is smooth n don't have any build up on it and its still smooth .. if its melted on the inside you need a new one ...

In the inside is there anouther one besides that one in the pic lol

if so haha were lol

ahh so only one slipper pad lol

Well she is all fix now

But i seems there is alot of drive train noise from the betweent he motor and spur? grinding I'm guessing its not close enough ?

yeah only 1 pad ... grinding noise as in like the clutch bell and spur gear are chattering against each other? not smooth sounding? what savage you have by the way? if its a x.... how are you taking the spur gear off? are you loosing the engine and taking it out to get to the spur gear? if you are youlll have to get it meshed up right each time ... if its a x ... take the top of the trans case off the spur gear will come off it as a unit ... way easier imo....4 screws were the roll bar screws on from the side.. and 3 screws threw the top of the case ....

BTW, you can also round out the inside of the hex washer, so make sure to check it any time you have the spur out. It isolates the spring from the spur if the spur spins, so when it rounds out, it transmits the spin from the spur into the spring and thus to the nut, spinning it off from behind. Mine is in need of replacement right now.

no drive to wheels

hey peeps

so i took my flux out for its first bash and the lock nut which holds the slipper clutch came off. so i tightened her up and torqued up the motor only for it to spin right off. just realised, when i got home, the washer that goes on the front of it is gone.

anyways after i put the locknut back on i had no power to the wheels what so ever when on the ground. it spun the wheels with no weight.
the motor spins the slipper clutch but no movement other than that.

if the adhesive backing pad is worn out will it prevent the drive force to the wheels???

Members online

No members online now.
Back