SlapMaFro Tribute Challenge!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunky Monkey

Untitled-7copy.jpg

It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that we present you with your next CHALLENGE. Yes, a challenge. To even stand a chance in this next competition, we are raising the bar....um....Or the Jump, Car, Bench, Sibblings.....It's GO TIME!

SlapMaFro has been a HEAVY supporter of the HPISF family and the hobby itself commercially for 5 years. In honor of their hard work and dedication over the years, this time a themed challenge.

Somtimes, forums can be a host to numerous "fish stories" from bashers.
"I jumped my pool, house, and back yard at once."
Well, we want that video. But, we don't want a simple one jump wonder! Anyone can take their truck and jump it off a 40 foot cliff for "cred." Well, then usually a lot of banter follows, lol. We want to see a compiliation of your bashing skills. We want the Extreme Bashing, not a simple jump. I want to see you clear your mama's minivan. Heck, throw in a back flip in the process. Make it interesting.

During your vid, you can have some knick knack stunts and follies. BUT, after the appetizers, we want the MAIN COURSE!

Take a good look at the collection SlapMaFro has on their site here:
http://slapmafro.com/videos.htm

These vids should be at the MINIMUM 3 minutes in length.

• Why? -We want some effort, for you to go all out. This of a certain Monster Truck driver who sports the green and black. You want THE crowd pleaser, the Pièce de résistance.
  • What's in it for me? -Bragging rights! That's what this hobby is all about, get your rear in gear. Get out there and chase the dogs! Numerous prizes will be released as the contest gets closer and closer to the deadline.
  • Can I participate? -Anyone, any truck, at any location may participate. You MUST be a member of this forum, that's it. Next time you go out bashing, just bring the camera and do your thing.
  • Why aren't there contests more often? -We don't like running a million contests a year. We thought about doing these monthly before, but would rather have bigger prizes than just a tank guard every month. We want to give you something you'll enjoy, or have some pride in.
  • How much time do we have? -This contest will run until November 18th at 12 noon. For those of y'all going to the Digger's Dungeon for the Halloween Bash, take that camera. See if you can get a pass over a real monster truck, lol. Tell Dennis and the Crew that Chunky Monkey sent you on a challenge! I'll even add a bonus vote(my vote to the video that has some sort of signage that states "Chunky Monkey dared me to!" when your doing some sort of extreme bashing at the Event as part of your submission.

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

Pending on the number of submissions, which y'all always provide us with plenty, the HPISF Admin will narrow it down to the Finalists. Then, those Finalists will be thrown to the wolves. The members will have the final say in who the overall winner is.

Remember, BIGGER, BETTER, HIGHER, LONGER. Bring on the carnage, we want you to unleash the psychotic basher in you!

So let's see what you got. Stay tuned, prizes will be announced shortly.
Make SlapMaFro proud!

BIGwRedWhiteBlue.jpg

This thread will be used for any questions regarding the contest rules, stipulations, or general information. To submit your video, please use the second thread "SlapMaFro Tribute Submissions! - Enter Here"​

UPDATES:
10/18/07 1338hrs: Video Submissions have to be NEW. Your Truck, Buggy, or Car must be the star of the event. Obviously, there are numerous members on the site, along with a company that has seen just about EVERY R/C video of this nature online. Please don't even risk it. Any attempt to use someone elses video, or cheat your entry will result in a disqualification from the challenge and a minimum 3 month ban. Seems harsh, but I don't want someone stealing this from another who has truely put forth an effort.

10/26/07 0325hrs: There must be at least 5 video submissions for this contest to take place. Will begin posting prizes in the next couple of days. There will be more prizes added to the contest as it goes on. The one Guarantee is that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will all received a copy of the:
FGcaseBig.gif

10/31/07 0528hrs: More PRIZES!!!!
Our lucky 1st Place Winner will also receive the following prizes:
XXX Main "Squared" DVD
xxxsquaredvhs.jpg

XXX Main's "Monster Truck_X" DVD
xxxdvd4.jpeg

XXX Main's "THRE3" DVD - Uncut Version
xxxdvd6.jpeg

HPI Savage Wheelie Bar Set
hpi85245.jpg

More Prizes to Come Folks! Keep your eyes on the updates....This Challenge will be growing!

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU HPISF!

LETS BREAK SOMETHING!

We have to do our part to keep the economy rolling. lol

hahahaha! I'll be making a video as soon as I can get a hold of my brother FuelFather...

funny, I just shimmed my diffs on my offroad savy last night, they are sweet.

I'm not useing that one for this. lol lol lol I want that one to stay in one piece.

I'm putting a special jumper savy together tonight. I should have everything I need to build a truck no one would be proud of.....lol lolololololol

hint, 47 spur 20 cb = 2.35 ratio = speed baby = hieght = excitement = prizes for crash, lol lol olo llolllolololololo

having said that, good luck to all that join in.

30 days and counting

Nice No Camara ,No decent weather. Sweet vids from SJ and I I'm sure, Anyhow lets bash and good luck to all, You may be initially enjoying it, but we all get to eventually. BASH ON!

Well done, Mr. Monkey! We're proud to be part of the contest and involved with HPISF; thanks a lot!

Hey Bruce! It's nothing. This is the VERY LEAST we can do to thank you and Brad for the last 5 years of knowing SlapMaFro. Because of SMF, I actually enjoyed my first major crash instead of sobbing about the damage, lol. Buddy and I layed a chain linked fence on it's side like a ramp and I got a 20 foot launch in the air. Since I also had so much forward momentum, the truck(Savage 21 at the time, YEARS ago) did about a 20 yard cartwheel, lol. I blew all 8 shocks and annihalated the upper and lower arms on the trucks right side, lol.
SM131~Mom-Says-I-m-Cool-Posters.jpg

afro.jpg

I have never had the pleasure to deal with SMF, but The videos rock and I can only hope one of us here can pay homage to the awsome SMF video, makes me sick for the gravel pit I grew up in. Lets see some INSANITY!!!

Nice No Camara ,No decent weather. Sweet vids from SJ and I I'm sure, Anyhow lets bash and good luck to all, You may be initially enjoying it, but we all get to eventually. BASH ON!

Not sure if I will have time or camera for that matter to make a vid.. but I will be watching .... :dunno:

hahaha.....One day we'll hook up in your home town and trash'em together! Now that would be a vid!

Just bought my camera... now I need to find the time.. weather permitting

What did you decide on?

Edit- Never mind I saw the one you choose, hope you like it SJ.

Lets Just Say the first scene Is In The Can, As They Say In The Buis. Lol

Holly Cow well we already saw the vid from we know who jumped the Grave digger and pulled off the double back flip and landed it !!!!!!!

It's okay....it has to have more than one jump in it, hehehehe....That's the trick. Has to have some sort of survivability factor.

I just got back from trying to make a video. didn't go to well, destroyed my motor mount and who knows what else. I was trying to jump a backhoe from the front where the bucket is all the way over the arm in the back. I hit the corner of the cab and you know the rest. I hopefully will try again by the end of the week, gotta do a damage check first and procure an engine mount. wish me luck!

I hope you got the wreck on video too.

It will make a great addition to your entry.

update on my video, 2 scenes shot so far no damage.......ya

no, my sister was the camera man and she was slacking. really I was just setting everything up and doing a trial run. my tires were spinning on the ramp, dropping speed really fast. next time I'm gonna get the guys working the site to wet the road and the ramp first. I will definitly have the camera rolling the whole time next try.

Build up to the big one...Some small time stuff here and there, then you'll edit those in around the money maker.....I'm not one to talk though. I need to start mine, lol.

I was thinking the same thing after today. I just met the guys today, they were willing to start dumping dirt everywhere to make me a jump so I might go that way and work up to the tractor. if you want in on the action CM, drop a line, or anyone else in S.A. I live in Timberwood Park out 281. I got alot of time on my hands lately, ain't got no job. that's why it's gonna be hard to get another eng mount. completely shattered mine!

updated on mine
Got some small stuff got to find some one to tape it for me also trying to think of a big one

11 days left do we have five members working on a video?

post up if your working on your masterpeice.

don't post your unfinished video, I may steal ideas. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back