shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
i got a crazy truck... i need stronger shocks to better handle the monster...

i got my eye on the HPI A712 shocks.... any suggestions....

I have those shocks on mine and to be honest I'm going to take them of and install the HPIA720 alum. "Big Bore" shocks. I feel 8 shocks is just to much even with lower shock oil. Truck tends to bounct to much.

Ok... That's good. I'm not familiar with these things. I'm thinking about getting them.. But still not sure/..

I'm running the plastic big bores from the flux and like them,and there a bit cheaper lol

Here is a thought. IRC savagev2 shocks.

savage-shocksV2-Black.jpg

http://www.innovative-rc.com/complete-innovative-black-anodized-savage-shocks-p-650.html

they look sick but I'm not paying $200 for some shocks.... id rather pay 100 and get the HPI A712 (8)... i get 8 of them too..... they do look crazy tho....

no doubt they are pricey. He stuff is very nice. Thought I'd toss other ideas out their.

faisal the a712s are basically aluminum bodied stock shocks. not much of an upgrade, and they bend shafts easier. i ran the plastic bigbores from the flux. if you scope out ebay for a deal a set can be had for around 40 bucks.

hey Mickey I have also ran the plastic "Big Bore" shocks and was wondering if the HPIA720 alum. "Big Bore" shocks are better? I have the 8 aluminum A712 shock and don't care for them they bounce to much.

Also was wondering if anyone has done or thought of putting the 5SC shocks on a Savage. Whats needed or are they to long?

I'm still a fan to LST shocks for stregth. however they will eat stock towers.

8-shock-shaft-front.jpg

Savage & MCD Big Bore Shock Shaft for Innovative-RC Big Bore Baja shocks.
These are a direct replacement for Innovative-RC Savage Big Bore shocks made from high grade high tensile steel and hardend to an ideal state, with a ground round surface for a perfect sea - having a surface finish: Better than 0.6 microns (25 micro inch) for the best smooth operation of the shock shaft.
Included:-
1x 8mm replacement Shock Shaft for Savage & MCD shocks.
Size:8mm OD, 91mm Long

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back