Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, ran the truck yest. This time I bent the front right dogbone. Didn't make it through a 1/4 tank either. Quess I really need to find out why it's doin this. And runnin rear wheel drive only is xtremely hard on loose dirt. I'll give more updates.

Ran the truck again today. This time I put some CVD's up that are made by Tsais that I had but gave to my buddy. He didn't need them anymore so I put two of them up front. They survived todays tune run but i broke something else. This time it was the front center dogbone that I custom made to fit when I ext. the TVPs up front. The only thing that happened to it was the pin came out so all I have to do is get another drill bit to make a new pin and it'll be fixed. I'm also gonna try and put a little bit of JB Weld inside the hole for the pin and then put the pin in. And also spread a little bit on the outside around the pin and shaft. Then I'm gonna start looking for an actual dogbone the correct length that I need or have a custom length one made.

Hey Jester, are you trying to keep up with me now on snapping dogbones? I've went through three of them over the last couple days. I really don't think it has to do with the diff oil, I'm only runnin 5K in mine. Nice damage though.

You know what installed new bones yesterday .. and I forgot to install the little rubber washers (that are inside the diff cups ) noticed there was ALOT of slop .. I wondering if that was the problem ?

Hey Jester, since you are the master basher, can you let me know if the o-rings made a difference for your dogbones. I noticed when I was replacing my dogbones that I was missing one o-ring, 2 others were crushed in the diff cup and one was good, so I took them all out. I ran one tanks today, nothing very hard with no issues, but if it does make a difference I will put them back in. thanks

Well a guy hit the Savage with his S10. He got a flat and this is what I got.
That's what happens when you swerve to hit a Savage. The closing speed was around 70MPH.
DSC00540.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I'm so sorry to hear this! It's one thing to get damage from bashing-quite another when it happens from an accident.
Is he helping you pay for damages?
Dave

Na I went and set the truck on the porch and took a pic. Tore it down to see what it will cost to fix. If he said anything to me I would have strangled him more than likely..........About $100.00 in damage not including the Maximizer rim.

So he swerve to hit it ? That SOB !!!!!!

well at least he didn't smash the engine or pipe .. you lucked out .. really ..

I don't know if he meant to swerve off the road to hit it or saw it and was watching it and went off the road. He went away running on a spare tire in any event. I was hugging the side of the road but my tires were in the grass right on the edge of the road.

in any event it still sucks. its prolly better that he didnt talk. He prolly would have got a good ol butt whooping

shoulda wrote down his plate number and asked him to pay for the damages + he could be charged i think cause what if that was a small child??? out come woulda been far worse
what side of the road was he on???

Wow man that sucks.......

I take it the damage was bent shocks, tvp's, and maximizer rim?

Whoever did it deserves a whoopin....

Well for an impact as hard as it was. This is the damage report.
TVP's done.....
Front bulk head done......
Control arms done........but got a set of lowers just need uppers
Radio box done........
Fuel tank done.......
Shocks got the parts to rebuild the 2 that were damaged. just bent shafts.
That is it. Let's see a Traxxas walk away with that little bit of damage. Speed limit on my road is 55MPH he was doing every bit of it. I was at WOT so I was between 45 and 50MPH. That is a nasty closing speed.
I was going against traffic in the grass on the edge of the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.......

If you need a radio box let me know,

I have a brand new X radio box coming my way that I got with my tvp's.

Anyways if he was going that fast I would think it would have more damage that that....but then again its a savage.

Be glad it didn't get any other major parts.

dude, i feel ur pain. if i was u i would have kicked his butt...and made him pay for it

First I would have :leftright:'ed him, then I would have :axed:'ed him, then I would have :chainkiller:'ed him, then I would have :Crazy: over him.

Then he would have been :skull:

I'm sorry to hear that man, what an idiot.

First I would have :leftright:'ed him, then I would have :axed:'ed him, then I would have :chainkiller:'ed him, then I would have :Crazy: over him.

Then he would have been :skull:

I'm sorry to hear that man, what an idiot.

How long did it take you to come up with that? That would have taken me a while to come up with......

Man, what a turd? So this guy drives off the road to hit your truck. I'd have to drive my fist off his nose to hit his lips.

I don't drive on public land anymore or pavement for that matter, but I feel your pain. That blows, but as mentioned above, it could have been worse.

Members online

No members online now.
Back