Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No,I mean why is a steel pin mated on Ti?If you get my drift.Thanks,Dave

I am not sure why or whats with the Ti parts except that there light. ti is not as strong as steel it is about 50% stronger than ALU and about 50% heavier than ALU so for changing alu parts with Ti I can understand, but as for changing steel for ti i am not sure. to answer your question, I am guessing the ti wouldn't hold up so they use a steel pin???

I could be mistaken as I never compared ti to steel, but I am pretty sure, then again there are all kinds of strength ratings too, like tensile and shear strength and others.

Broke front 2 dogbones (no clue where they are) found the other 2 that I broke so a total of 5 dogbones broken today along w/ a upright .. blew the shock shaft out (lost the shaft) .. Will be updating thread regularly .

IMG_0820.jpg

Lrp is really doings some damage to my drive-train .. diffs are holding up . due to shimming but ... I can't keep the front end down running 20/47... Thinking about putting a 3 pound block of lead on the front ..LOL !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure man .. could be I lost both front dogbones
Have no clue where they are .. I hit really hard on the nose once .. I think that is when I lost them. the broken ones ...mmmmmmm I didn't change from 10,000 wt diff oil to 50,000 so I wonder if that is the cause of the sudden run of broken dogbones .. I try not to hit the ground landing from a jump at full throttle ..

not really .. drove 2 tanks in 2 hrs .. most time was down time .. ahh well

well my luck last night wasnt the greatest either...... took out the revo 2.5 with a 3.3 in it...made a few wicked jumps.... then on the last one (within 15 min of firing it up)just as the truck got to the top of the jump(a really hard snowbank) i heard a tick.... and engine stopped... seized solid.... probably broke the rod or crank .....so then i fire up the ole savage xss....made some insane jumps then about half way through tank # 2 well i landed a lil off.....broke a few partson the front.... 2 shock shafts... 1 dogbone(the chrome ones)and 1 upper control arm (the adjustable ss type)

hey jester, I would try the stock 4.6 dogbones. They have been doing alot better for me. I did a crazy amount of jumping today and finally trashed the diffs. Go figure.

ya i remember watching sj's vid of bashing for the contest awhile back so it doesnt surprise me really he's truly a "basher" lol

hey jester, I would try the stock 4.6 dogbones. They have been doing alot better for me. I did a crazy amount of jumping today and finally trashed the diffs. Go figure.

i've broken 3 of the stock 4.6 dogbones, so i bought the hpi hd ones and broke 3 of them yesterday. i had the flm hd ones on my old truck and never had any issues. they're some beefy mofos. i'm going to buy the flm ones and spray paint them pink in case they pop out.

Owsers, guess thats what bashers call a good day? lol

Glad I'm more into speed and racing than seeing how far my savage can go in the air cause that tends to get a wee bit expensive :hardlaugh:

i've broken 3 of the stock 4.6 dogbones, so i bought the hpi hd ones and broke 3 of them yesterday. i had the flm hd ones on my old truck and never had any issues. they're some beefy mofos. i'm going to buy the flm ones and spray paint them pink in case they pop out.

PINK !!!! Flm HU? might have to check them out

I am using the FLM centre dogs. I had them but wasn't using them as I already had a brand new set of HPI ones that I was using. I wore the pins down on the HPI ones in a couple of runs so I decide to stick the FLM ones in. The FLM ones have been in a lot longer and they still look like new. If I break any more dog bones I will by a set of FLM ones for the wheels as the definitely seem better then the HPI ones.

You work rotating shifts too hopit??

Yea, I do two days, two nights, then four off. I do get a lot of time off, but always seems to be during the week so not many free weekends. It wouldn't be too bad if we had some good weather occasionaly :stressed:

Of course he has no fear, he's not paying !! :hardlaugh:

Yea great pics, looks like he's havin a lot of fun.

I hear that!! I think in the last two months we spent almost as much in upgrades and fixes as the original purchase. Its all worth it though. I still don't have it fixed yet, my wife has me on a buying hold. We are looking at buying a new house. As soon as that gets settled one way or the other, I'll get it back and running again. Because of that she also put me on a "no tearing up the back yard" hold too, so I can't work on the track I wanted to put in. We've currently got 3 acres of flat and 13 of woods, I wanted to clear a track in the back wooded section. The new house only has about 2/3 of a acre and I'm not sure she'll let me tear it up. Maybe I should veto the purchase on that grounds alone huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopit that chart is worse then mine. What do you do?

As for the house and land... I agree on the veto. Id build a new house on the property you have now. Id kill to have that much property.

Man I want an house with land but my wife is thinking she still wants to live in the city. All you married guys know once the wife sets her mind on something your ideas don't really matter anymore

You poor man ,I really do feel for you ,but think of all the experiance youve gained, with all that wrenching to do you be a pro, not to mention you learned that the age limit for driving a Savage should be 16. No liscence,no drive.LOL

What's wrong with the second dog bone? If those shock towers were plastic they would still be good :p. You like taking your anger out on you toes extreme don't you. First a Schumacher then a bowling ball. I hate to think what it will be next.

Nice damage though.

Well, dropping the ball on my foot wasn't my fault. I just finished some practice frames and was showing a long time family friend (whose daughter I was bowling with yest. for an adult/child tournament) all the chips, scratches, and nicks I got in my ball from the back machines. The lanes were real oilly and the ball slipped off my fingers. And yes, I wiped my ball off with a clean towel.

Did some more damage last night. Snapped another front right dogbone, broke the bumper support mount again, and some how got the pressure line tangled and wrapped around the spur gear between the gear and the tranny case. Got it all fixed again today and finished burning the 1/2 tank of fuel left from last night. Ran strong, temps stayed at 250, and nothing broke. Could have been worse cuz I forgot to put another new bumper support on after I took the broke on off. Finally hit 2nd gear, just need to make a slight adjustment on the 1-2 shift to shift earlier. Then, I can start working on the 2-3 shift point.

You poor man ,I really do feel for you ,but think of all the experiance youve gained, with all that wrenching to do you be a pro, not to mention you learned that the age limit for driving a Savage should be 16. No liscence,no drive.LOL

Thats an good one i have to remember the driving age next time my brother asks me to drive any of my trucks thats good i like it

Hopit that chart is worse then mine. What do you do?

I'm a maintenance engineer in a very large dairy. No cows here though, just the milk. From November to February I also get six days off in between shifts, so that's nice, apart from having to work Christmas eve day and also Christmas day aswell. All in all I only work for five months of the year.

Latest posts

Members online

Back