Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i must say your son knows how to bash a savage!! lol now he gets to help ya fix it lol sorry about the damage bud!!

Accidents can and will happen. Look at it this way, you can now get you some custom parts. :hardlaugh:

Also on the brightside, you are lucky it was a Savage, now if that say was a brand of another sort *cough Traxxas cough* it would of been completely totalled at full throttle.

But anyway, hope ya get everything back to running condition. :peace:

oh oh i told my 9 year old he could drive mine this spring :duh:

Take a visit to nutronutzz on ebay and that will be fixed up in no time. You might need to get your son something tougher and slower like a stampede.

hmott3. Welcome to the forum. Sad to see the damage. I've got 2 sets of TVPs if you need them. One is the stock set that came with my truck (SS4.6 non-X stlye) and the other is GPM 1" ext. rear. I don't need them anymore and they are just sitting in the box. Let me know.

Your son should be proud, thats alot of carnage! Does it make me a bad person if I say that that is why I usually don't let people drive my savy?

Yea I think I'd rather buy my son something a bit slower and cheaper than let him drive mine. Too much time and money in it to see it trashed.

Actually for the record its HIS savage. He has been paying to upgrade it.. .well at least the stuff we tell my wife about. I'll probably pay to fix most of this though. I think I enjoy working on it more then driving it, and nothing is better then seeing the smile on his face when he's running it. It was a father/son bonding toy, and it does just that.

I wasn't upset at all, I just wish he had done it landing a double rather then smacking a pole! Which by the way he has been trying to land, and he's getting close. I've got everything but the TVP's ordered to fix it back up. I'm trying to decide on what tvp's to go with. Which is ok, its way to cold to be outside now anyway.

Thats great hmott3. I love taking my little guy out with me and teaching him to drive. Hes still too young to drive on his own but like you said that smile on their face is priceless...

Actually for the record its HIS savage. He has been paying to upgrade it.. .well at least the stuff we tell my wife about. I'll probably pay to fix most of this though. I think I enjoy working on it more then driving it, and nothing is better then seeing the smile on his face when he's running it. It was a father/son bonding toy, and it does just that.

I wish I could take my son out more often too. What with the weather and my shifts, I've only taken him to the track once. We both had a great day, so I wished we could go every week. As it is I can only manage it every few months or so, weather permiting. I like the bonding idea, this is exactley what I had in mind.

my 8 yr. old daughter and 5 yr. old son love to watch but don't grasp the whole gas and steer thing. she steers at a dead stop. and he's full throttle no steering what's so ever!!! lol. sorry for your loss but hey now you can teach him so much about your savy. good luck.

Oh, he knows where the gas is and steers fine. Here are some pictures of him in action. This isn't the day he did the damage, I think we broke a dog bone this day. Thats one thing he's not great at, he likes to be on the gas when he lands. Its cost us several dog bones. Other than that he drives great.

P1120163.jpg

P1120164.jpg

P1120186.jpg

P1120195.jpg

Well.. I can't say it's my first crash but the first one that stopped me. I am a new user with about 9 tanks through the truck. I went out today and did some small jumps and played around in the park. My truck has been pulling to the right and I just cant figure out why. While I was driving I noticed both wheels were wobling. Figured I would check it out in the house later, next thing i know my left wheel comes rolling past me....

I guess I didn't put it on very tight last week when I had them off looking at it.

:duh:

Judd

Haha I like things over lubbing things to, LOL. Be careful when tightening screws into these things as you will pull the threads right out of the plastic. I have found and switched pretty much everything on my trucks all to machine screws with standard metric threads this way things last longer. Also, a machine screw will reuse the same threads where the wood screw type they use creats new threads everytime you put it in which eventually there is nothing less for it to grab. Just my .02

wow, I didn't know that about the screws that came with it. Thanks for that tip. I will get around to changing those.

I wish I could take my son out more often too. What with the weather and my shifts, I've only taken him to the track once. We both had a great day, so I wished we could go every week. As it is I can only manage it every few months or so, weather permiting. I like the bonding idea, this is exactley what I had in mind.
You work rotating shifts too hopit??

It looks like he is having a blast. And I bet you were too just enjoying watching him have fun while you took the pics. Which, I'm sure, you wished you were driving another truck (or that one) with him.

Man thats nut what your son did but kids will be kids my nephew is the same but he has his own mini quake and he breaks this just as offen as i do if not more but it's all in the fun of the hobby right

Got more damage for you guys from earlier today. I'll also try and get a couple pics of where I was runnin at. Well, first off, snapped another front HD dogbone and bent the other front one slightly. It's not bent real bad but just ever so slightly. And messed up the rear shock tower on a hard landing on the rear end. Went up a dirt mound about 5 ft. tall and got about 2 ft. of straight vertical air. And all I can say is, what goes up, must come down and hard it did. Then, after finally wobbling over to my truck (messed my big toe up on my right foot real good, 16lb. bowling ball slipped out of my hand from about 5ft. up), I found out that the mound was also mixed with rocks and limerock. It just rained pretty good the other day and when limerock gets wet and dries, it's almost like hitting asphault. And also messed up one of the front bumper/skidplate mounts. The one that holds the upper arm hinge pin in. Here's the pics for your veiwing pleasure.

102_0662.jpg

102_0663.jpg

102_0664.jpg

102_0665.jpg

102_0666.jpg

102_0667.jpg

102_0668.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with the second dog bone? If those shock towers were plastic they would still be good :p. You like taking your anger out on you toes extreme don't you. First a Schumacher then a bowling ball. I hate to think what it will be next.

Nice damage though.

Yep can't wait until my little guys can get out and bash with me. I run mine in the front yard so they can watch and they go nuts laughing and jumping around.

Members online

No members online now.
Back