Shanty's Bash Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanty

I WILL BREAK IT!!!
Well today I went bashing we a group of guys from the hobby shop and a few friends. Everything went well and today I was really impressed with the savage. All that broke was the toe rods that go to the tire and the throttle servo, it was starting to get really glitchy and I stopped my day because I was scared a runaway was going to happen. I was able to get 2 people to switch from a REVO to a Savage just because of the durability aspect. I was going WOT into a big pile of gravel and seeing what was going to happen. I will try and get a video up shortly but at the end of the day, I was once again happy with my decision on going with a Savage. The vehicles that were running today where of corse my Savage, 2x Revo, Firestorm, Nitro Evader, and a Mini LST. At the end of the day my Savage was the only thing still running, I could of kept running, but as a said my throttle/brake servo wasn't acting the way I would like.

sounds like you had a great time showing up the revo!! thanks for sharing

Thanks guys, hopefully my buddy will send me the video shortly. I do have one question though, is there any such upgrade for the tie rods that are better then stock. I usually always upgrade to aftermarket when I brake stuff so I am just wondering.

Well I went out again yesterday with the guys. This time I bent a FLM dogbone and got a crack in the gas tank. The way it happened was I hit the jump alittle sideways, then just as I came done I smoked a tree with the left front A-Arms. Everything looked fine but when I gave it some throttle, the truck just sat there. What I was surprised to see what the A-Arms were still intact, they must of flexed pretty good for it to only bend the dog bone. Whatever, all I did was throw out the dogbone, and ran with three wheel drive making sure not to go WOT incase of over revving the engine or putting extra strain on the diffs. The crack in the gas tank just kinda happened, don't know when but noticed it when I went to refill my truck. What kinda sucked before hand was we got kicked off the first bashing site we went to so we had to find a new area. I will get a picture of the dogbone very shortly.

Well Here it is. Not to bad but I might as well show it.

DSC_0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you run with 3 wheel drive ? If you loose any dogbone you will loose front or rear wheel drive !

No, it was 123mm one that goes from the diff to the wheel. So instead of it spinning to wheels up front it was one spinning one. It wasn't one of the ones that go from the tranny to the diff.

LOL Wait you might be right, the front diff just might be spinning the whole time and the full power might not get to the other wheel. But I do know there was atleast some power going to the front right wheel because the truck was pulling to the left pretty good.

Hey fella, it pulls hard to that side because there is resistance on that side from the diff, and the rotating mass (i.e. dogbone). It may "grab" a little every now and then, but it will transfer VERY LITTLE torque to the ground.

Nice job BTW!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back