Servos in 2026

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmind

Well-Known Member
Messages
258
Location
J'ville, FL
Hey all,

I can't believe I'm breaking out my gear and getting back into the hobby. NitroPimp got me...... LOL

I need some new servos. What are the best brands or servos for Savages in both throttle and steering?

Thanks,
Nick
 
I can’t speak to much on high quality servo’s but getting back into all things rc this year, I have bought a few pairs of no name, chinese made generic servos off of Amazon, and so far, so good honestly! Ive just been sticking with “35kg” for steering and “25kg” for throttle/brake, I’ve done up 3 trucks now and have personally had zero issues. Obviously, you gotta take the ratings with a grain of salt, but they’ve been plenty strong and fast compared to the old crappy factory HPI, Traxxas, JR Racing and cheap Futaba ones I’ve been replacing, not to say any of those are actually bad servo’s per se, but all mine have just desperately needed to be replaced as they were super slow and had no power.

Not the fastest things around either but they’ve been quick enough for me, mostly just been bashing the ever living crap out of mine so far! And pretty cheap too, my first pair I got, I bought singles, was around $80-85 Canadian for the two, second time around I bought them as pairs, 2x 25kg and 2x 35kg, they may have been on sale but I think I paid 90 bucks total for all 4 the second time! I’d definitely say if its just general running and cruising, give them a shot, if you worried about them failing early get a 2 pack of each, but if you are looking to do some track time or really depend on speed and reliability, a better brand name would be worth it I’d say.
 
AFGRC makes nice servos. They make OEM servos for a couple of big names but also market their own now. The A73BHLW has a torque rating of 40kg/cm servo at 0.1 seconds with 8.4 Volts. Price is between €65 and 75 depending on discounts on AliExpress.

YANTRS has the C1060-Pro which has a stall torque rating of 60kg/sec and speed rating of 0.1 seconds for a 60 degree turn. It sells for €60.

DSSERVO BLS4355 55kg/cm at 0.09 seconds when supplied with 8.4 Volts. It goes for about €50.

I own the first two and both sit at the top of my servo collection in terms of raw power and speed. I have half a dozen moaning Savox servos and at least 10 Hitec models including 2 x Hitec D951TW servos for which I paid €300 some 10 years ago. YANTRS eats the Hitec D951TW for breakfast.

I want to get the DSSERVO just out of curiosity... DSSERVO 35kg which came out some years ago was tested and appeared to stall at 25kg which is still pretty good for a €30 servo. But recently DSSERVO seem to be getting closer and closer to their specified ratings.

It is one of the tragic ironies of our lives that well-established Western brands are putting out increasingly overpriced garbage whereas the once ridiculed Chinese manufacturers are putting out serious products for a fraction of the cost that their Western counterparts charge...
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top