servo help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter4478

i just did a upgraded to a hi-tec 645mg on the steering servo and moved the SF-2 to throttle and brake. the screw on the SF-2 that holds the arm on has stripped. any suggestions on what to do now? thanks

scooter4478

The head of the screw stripped? Try taking a little bit larger screwdriver, and giving it a few good pounds onto the top of the screw, then push down with all your might and turn. If it comes out, the find a screw about equal length with the same thread pattern and use it instead.

no the problem is in the servo it's self. the screw just spins when i try to tighten it. what can i do to fix the problem.

you could rebuild it. But I consider this one of those special times where something has broken and now you have the good reason to upgrade!

Oh, sounds like your plastic servo horn is stripped on the inside. Get a Ofna universal servo horn set.

You might be able to use a slightly larger screw. Or you will have to replace the gears on the servo. I think they sell a metal gear upgrade for it, I know Futaba has one but I don't know if the gears would be the same size or not. Might be cheaper and easier to just replace the whole servo

Just put some superglue on in the hole but not to much and screw it in leave it alown for a while so it can dry then reinstall it. The reason you want to use just a touch is because you don't want to glue the servo horn on. Its worth a shot anyway. Remember that screw doesnt do that much as it really doesnt have alot of force on it.

thank you all for your quick replies. if i were to upgrade the servo what would work well with the hi-tec servo i have now?

I like the HS 5645MG for steering and the HS 645MG for throttle/brake. You get full torque just off center with the 5645 but not with the 645. That way the steering holds better in corners.

You could also try a slightly larger screw "thread that is" and wrap it with thread tape. This may hold you up long enough until you get a replacement servo. Worth a shot.

A bigger screw should work for now. Just make sure its not too long. You don't want it to bottom out and bind the gears and motor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back