sensored vs sensorless?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biddie_fiddler

To all the flux players out there, are you running sensored or sensorless setups?

I have the ezrun max8 combo from hobbywing, a very entry-level sensorless system. It runs very well!

I have since built a drift car where sensored is the only option! sensorless would be a joke in these rigs. That got me thinking though, is there any benefit to running a sensored setup in a savage or any off road MT or truggy?

I'd love to hear your opinions on this as I am weighing up a sensored kit but deciding whether its worth the huge $$$ or not.

I got the MMX/2200kv sensored in my savage flux hp on 6S. I only bought it because up to that point, I ran sensorless and figured if I was going to buy the entire system to replace the stock non-waterproof system, I'd may as well spend a few more $ and get the esc that had logging and other tweaks as well as sensored.

I only really notice it when I'm messing around slowly climbing through rocks and up hills. Otherwise I don't notice much difference between it and the MXL-6S/2200kv or Arrma BLX185/2050kv unsensored systems I run.

I do notice it a bit more in my stampede though on 3S. I have the HW Max10 sct with a 3200 3665 in it. It chatters more if I'm just slowly (about walking speed) at my skatepark or whatever. My larger 1/8th scales don't and even the vxl-3s/3200kv system in my eJato isn't as bad as that.

I only really notice it when I'm messing around slowly climbing through rocks and up hills.

This is exactly the same for me. I run the savage pretty hard about 80% of the time its out, but when driving it slowly next to me when walking to the dirt jumps its a noisy little truck!

With my drift car its pure, clean power from 1% to 100% throttle.

I'm thinking at the moment there is no real point in me upgrading to sensored when I have a perfectly good running system, but when I do eventually fry the esc and motor I'd just upgrade to sensored. Like you mentioned, when going to a higher end system with sensored capabilities, the esc's tend to have pretty awesome tuning and logging features. Something I'll definitely look for later down the line

Latest posts

Members online

Back