sensored vs sensorless?

Biddie_fiddler

HPISF Supporter
To all the flux players out there, are you running sensored or sensorless setups?

I have the ezrun max8 combo from hobbywing, a very entry-level sensorless system. It runs very well!

I have since built a drift car where sensored is the only option! sensorless would be a joke in these rigs. That got me thinking though, is there any benefit to running a sensored setup in a savage or any off road MT or truggy?

I'd love to hear your opinions on this as I am weighing up a sensored kit but deciding whether its worth the huge $$$ or not.

olds97_lss

I got the MMX/2200kv sensored in my savage flux hp on 6S. I only bought it because up to that point, I ran sensorless and figured if I was going to buy the entire system to replace the stock non-waterproof system, I'd may as well spend a few more $ and get the esc that had logging and other tweaks as well as sensored.

I only really notice it when I'm messing around slowly climbing through rocks and up hills. Otherwise I don't notice much difference between it and the MXL-6S/2200kv or Arrma BLX185/2050kv unsensored systems I run.

I do notice it a bit more in my stampede though on 3S. I have the HW Max10 sct with a 3200 3665 in it. It chatters more if I'm just slowly (about walking speed) at my skatepark or whatever. My larger 1/8th scales don't and even the vxl-3s/3200kv system in my eJato isn't as bad as that.

Biddie_fiddler

HPISF Supporter
I only really notice it when I'm messing around slowly climbing through rocks and up hills.
This is exactly the same for me. I run the savage pretty hard about 80% of the time its out, but when driving it slowly next to me when walking to the dirt jumps its a noisy little truck!

With my drift car its pure, clean power from 1% to 100% throttle.

I'm thinking at the moment there is no real point in me upgrading to sensored when I have a perfectly good running system, but when I do eventually fry the esc and motor I'd just upgrade to sensored. Like you mentioned, when going to a higher end system with sensored capabilities, the esc's tend to have pretty awesome tuning and logging features. Something I'll definitely look for later down the line