savvy x has no brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsavage04

ive had the x since it came a few years ago the brakes never have been great what can i do to make them better i have tightned up the screw on the end of the throttle rod that seemed to help a lil but after the batteries start to get weak they start to fade bad

Are these the red fiber ones that you are talking about? If so they might be glazed over. Take some fine sandpaper lay it on your table or bench and sand the pads just enough to take the glaze off of them..

xif your running the stock savy brake that came on the savx 4.1 it is prb wore out check the disc for wear my x brakes wore out quickly i have upgraded to the dual red fiber discs and they will stop your truck for sure

first off welcome to the forum!!!! secondly as was stated above try the red fiber disk's there said to be great, another trick is take off the brake adjusting spring and replace with a piece of fuel tubing just a bit longer then the spring... this makes it easier for the servo to apply the brakes "less resistance" give that a try it works well as i did that with mine.. if you don't have a hump pack yet its a good idea as well, it pumps out 6 V were as the aa's only make 4.8 V so this helps braking as well.. one last thing is keep an eye on the brake caliper screws they may be loose i know mine used to back out occasionally and leave me with no brakes lol hope this helps a bit my friend!!!!

as of right now everything is stock they didnt work well when i got it and i remember seeing somewhere where the x would do stoppie's a friend of mine has a 25 his locks up like no other but make sure they're not glazed over or anything first thanx for info

If you still have the spring on the brake linkage replace it with a small piece of fuel tubing. That will help improve stopping till you decide to upgrade something.

Latest posts

Members online

Back