Saving Weight on the XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bboy86

Hey guys and girls,

My Nitro XL weighs 6kg I have been thinking a while about how to lighten the truck. My plan is to make all new gears in Aluminium to save weight and make the truck better in acceleration.

My question is what parts of the truck have you saved weight on and what are some of your experiences with this.

Thanks

Guessing most don't care too much since the savage is pretty much a dedicated basher.

Tires/wheels is something you can look into to help with acceleration as well.

Change all alum flat parts to carbon fiber. TVPs, motor mount plate, bulkhead plate. Also shock towers can be swapped for carbon fiber hellfire towers if you can find them.

Also, stick to the steel gears. The weight savings between the steel and alum gears won't make up for the durability between the 2. You have to remember thatcalum is a lot softer metal than steel and with the abuse we put the trucks through, the alum won't last as long.

well, I have some tips if interested, call it R&D I guess I did these mods years ago and haven't broke any of these parts yet. I raced a little with auto s , so weight saving was a must, I will post pics, when I was done I had quite a bit of material lost. nothing broken, and not beaten yet.

Just places I thought I could save weight, I haven't broke anything yet, and yes I always carry spare parts just in case. I also don't put bling on truck, keeping it light, I also have a 3 speed backed by picco .28 boost turbo, great set up

Latest posts

Members online

Back