savagex4.6 brake issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter4478

i have a new savagex4.6 rtr and my brakes work a little but i know they should work a lot better than they do now. i know the spring on the servo arm sucks so i cut a piece of fuel tubing and put it on the likage to help but still, just a little bit of braking power. i've read all the threads on the issue and was wondering how to tighten the brake caliper and how to get to it in order to make that adjustment. and are the dics supposed to be loose or tight in the caliper? thanks for any help you all can give me on the problem.

I have 3 tips for you...

1.) Replace the fuel tubing with a peice of plastic tubing about the same size.

2.) Bend the brake lever to a 45ish' degree angle. Ignore the bend I put on the actual linkage. You need to bend the lever that is on the side of your tranny.

3.) Buy a hump pack if you haven't already.

Linkage1.jpg

For a cheap easy fix like FX said just bend the arm the goes upword form the cam set. Its the part that runs up by the trans like he stated. Bend it to about 30-45Deg. if you bend it in the middle it will work better. He has the Ofna linkage so his looks a bit different, but he is useing the piece you need. you are also going to want to adjust that bar so it is just bairly sticking out the bottom of the cam set. This is basicly what FX said.

fx i gave you rep for that help. nice tip
4x4

hey thanks strongside. i replaced the brake spring with a piece of plastic tubing. i pulled off the brake lever a it has a slight bend in it but the bend was facing away from the tranny. so i bent it a little more and turned it the other way so it is facing the tranny. and does the hump pack really make that much difference in the brakes over using regular batteries?

SMF hasn't closed up shop yet, here the link to the one I own and highly recommend.

OFNA 1600mAh Hump Pack

FYI- When SMF does close TowerHobbies is a great place to buy from.

I'm sure SMF isn't going to close doors or if it does it will be a very short time as there are others looking into buying the store along with myself.

Latest posts

Members online

Back