Savage XL servo gone??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MORGANpl

After few nightmare day of trying tune the engine(with no luck) I think there is something wrong with my throttle.
As you can see on the video the servo is making strange noise and its not opening the carb full. I can push it and open it full with my finger but the servo wont do that. Is the servo on its way out or is it something else??
thanks

Your vid appears to be set to private so I cant see it..... but yes the stock servos do not seem to last I would upgrade it to a better steering servo and move the steering one to the throttle position.....

The servo seems to be functioning properly, you're just a victim of the craptastic stock linkage. Try searching for the Ofna linkage mod ;)

It use to work fine. But the truck was seating in the garage for about two years. I found it ad decide to play with it. After all battery replacment,one way bearing,servicing the shocks,new plug,new fuel etc with every day I have more problems. That is one of them. don't really understad if it was fine,no one touch that and now is just rubbish

You're missing the screw from the horn also. You can try pulling the horn, zeroing your trim, setting the carb to closed and reinstalling the horn.

It's an electro-mechanical device, sitting in a garage for two years didn't do it any favors, moisture, then corrosion worked it's way in. Things go bad, time marches on.. IDK lol.

You're missing the screw from the horn also. You can try pulling the horn, zeroing your trim, setting the carb to closed and reinstalling the horn.

It's an electro-mechanical device, sitting in a garage for two years didn't do it any favors, moisture, then corrosion worked it's way in. Things go bad, time marches on.. IDK lol.
I got the screw. I take it out while I was playing with the servo :) The OFNA linkage mod can I buy this as a set or will i need to order part by part? If yes where from.?

I thought that might be the case lol,

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/hirisks-ofna-linkage-set-up-with-pics-and-details.4144/

That's the linkage mod, there's some variations on it, alot of which are covered in the thread. It takes a bit of tweaking to get it, but it's a drastic improvement over stock.

AS Jam mentioned, the stock servo's aren't that great anyway. If upgrading is in the budget, I'd do at least the steering, and put the steering on the throttle/brakes.

I thought that might be the case lol,

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/hirisks-ofna-linkage-set-up-with-pics-and-details.4144/

That's the linkage mod, there's some variations on it, alot of which are covered in the thread. It takes a bit of tweaking to get it, but it's a drastic improvement over stock.

AS Jam mentioned, the stock servo's aren't that great anyway. If upgrading is in the budget, I'd do at least the steering, and put the steering on the throttle/brakes.
I will look tonight at the servos to upgrade. Any good ones you would recommend?

Depends on budget, A Big Budget? Hitec 7955TG, smaller budget? Savox 1230, smaller yet? Trackstar TS-T17HV.

Your stock steering servo is around 150 OZ/in of torque, so try to beat that lol.

Depends on budget, A Big Budget? Hitec 7955TG, smaller budget? Savox 1230, smaller yet? Trackstar TS-T17HV.

Your stock steering servo is around 150 OZ/in of torque, so try to beat that lol.
The throttle and brake servo is
Torque: 36.10 oz/in (4.5kg cm)
The steering servo is
Torque: 266.6oz/in (12kg/cm)

Oooh, you have an XL, the newer servo's are much better, but the throttle still sucks, and all the servos I listed beat both of them.

What about Altur USA servos?

Latest posts

Members online

Back