Savage XL Nitro discontinued??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BChiz

I am wanting to know if HPI has discontinued the Savage XL nitro truck. If so, does anybody know any companies that might still have some available? Thanks.

I don't see them available anywhere either. Before their acquisition, they were readying a V2 Savage XL. Haven't seen updates on that though.

upload_2017-8-9_12-10-1.png

Search results for the XL 2.0 bring up nada on HPI's web site, it's like it never existed. Bummer too, I had that truck on my wish list. Seams HPI as of lately is the dream crusher company. It's a damn shame & will hurt them (business wise).

I emailed Hpi they are releasing Savage XL next year. Hope the body isn't cheap like the esavage xl.

I am wanting to know if HPI has discontinued the Savage XL nitro truck. If so, does anybody know any companies that might still have some available? Thanks.

They still make the xl , it might be called something different for 2017 , but it has the Radio box where the fuel tank is in the fuel tanks where the radio box was , and the TVP plates are from the octane . It's not out yet and has a f5.9 not the k5.9 , looks great

Thanks everyone.. I'm glad to see they are going to come out with the new version next year. Definitely hope the 5.9 is a better version than they had in the first one.

I'm having a hard time finding parts to rebuild the k5.9, so I wrote to hpi to see what the deal was. They said that the factory that makes the k5.9 is under administration and hpi is looking for an alternative. Really is ashame to have this engine sitting around and not be able to rebuild it.

Well its officially next year. Any update on when the XL Nitro will possibly be available? I really want to buy one. Id buy a used one if anyone has a nice one.
Trout

I am trying to put one together from parts i find here and there. its going to be a long time from the looks of it. I emailed HPI last night and again this morning. they say they are getting parts out but they sell out fast. that is not talking about XL parts so i sent a 2nd email asking about the nitro XL. lets see where it goes from there

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back