Savage XL Midtank/header tank experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, I was referring to the new hellfire tank

yes, I was referring to the new hellfire tank

Oh ok, the Hell Fire tank is 150cc and is longer than the stock savy tank... i was doing some messuring the Hellfire tank and it will fit in the Radio box... also i can move the Throttle/brake servo to the rear of the motor and use the stock linkage... just need to make up a bracket...

got few tanks that can replace the OEM savy tank
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJAP2&P=7

trying to find something around 7 or 8 oz will be nice for the XL, lol its like a whale drinking a bottle of water

That tank you linked it is exspensive, the HellFire tank is half that price...

If you want a big tank, look at the fuel tanks for RC aircraft they make some pretty big ones... only thing is you would have to make up the brackets to mount them on your Savage.

Right now i have a HellFire Fuel tank mounted in the stock position to get rid of Mid tank lean...

Here is the info for that Tank
SPECS: Length: 4.25" (108mm) at mounting holes (longest point)
Width: 2" (52mm)
Height: 1.3" (64.3mm) at splash guard
Capacity: 5.1oz (150cc)

Here is the info for an OFNA 250cc(part# 19504) Tank i got off Tower Hobbies...http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTVD0&P=7
SPECS: Length: 4.75" (121mm)
Width: 2.2" (57mm)
Height: 2.8" (70.5mm)
Capacity: 8.4oz (250cc)

Looking at the specs I am pretty sure i can Mount that big ole tank in the stock Mounting postition..I will eventually do a mid tank. but right now I'm just to lazy to do it.... LOL I'm thinking about orderint that ofna tank to see how it works out...

Last edited by a moderator:
that is nice really, it will give me extra hours for bashing lol

mid

I know I am new with the savage but why do you get mid tank lean from the stock tanks. No joke can you not just do something to the stock tank.

I have been thinking about trying to get a tank in that same spot on my flm extended savage so i can get some weight off the front.. now that i see you can barely fit that tank on the xl I'm pretty certain i wont be able to.

I know I am new with the savage but why do you get mid tank lean from the stock tanks. No joke can you not just do something to the stock tank.

well, the problem is that the pressure applied on the fuel in the tank in the first half is defferent then the lower half, as there is a different on the fuel surface area :)

mid tank lean

so is this a normal thing that happens in all tanks or is my buddy pullin my leg again for ****s and giggles:duh:

so is this a normal thing that happens in all tanks or is my buddy pullin my leg again for ****s and giggles:duh:

its normal :)

if u see the savage tank from the bank you will its like an L shape, while other tanks looks like a box

if u can swap the savage tank with any other tank you wont have this problem :)

if you want more explaination let me know

i was lookin around on ebay and came across thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/hpi-savage-xl-x-25-fuel-tank-foam-FIX-LEAN-OUT-US-/250526557631?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item3a548be5bf#ht_855wt_930

tank foam

looks a little sketch for me but I guess its a good way to get a few bucks lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back