Savage XL - LRP ZR32. SPEC 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDA

Hello Everyone,
My K5.9 is dead (I think it was defected from the beginning..but who knows...)
So I was thinking about buying a LRP ZR.32 SPEC4 (I saw on few sites it's discontinued...someone known anything?)

So I was asking myself (since I saw the sealing guide) - it's good practice to seal this engine too (or in general all motors?)

Also I've ordered a CENGS080 (the 7.7) - because I saw that with the K5.9 it was a beast.. would it be also good for the LRP?

Do you guys have suggestions about this motor? :)

LRP stopped making nitro engines and I think closed the doors a while back. So, if you find an engine and don't mind not having parts support, go for it. They are a well built and long lasting engine. I've been running LRP's for about 10 years. I have a 28S3 and 30S2 in 2 of my trucks now.

I found that the 28/30 liked a more restrictive pipe than a typical savage pipe, so I use a losi HT LST2 pipe on mine and the other on my revo has a THS big block revo pipe on it that has a similar sized exhaust stinger. Back before I ran LRP, I liked the HPI Polished pipe, but the LRP28's did not like that pipe. I could tune to get a clean low end and high end, but the middle suffered a lot. With a more restrictive pipe, I could get the engine to sing cleanly from idle to WOT all day long running byrons 25% and odonnel medium temp plugs.

Are u sure? Cause thI website was online a week ago, and now it’s under maintenance because they are saying that they started to send worldwide etc...
Strange...

LRP stopped making nitro engines and I think closed the doors a while back. So, if you find an engine and don't mind not having parts support, go for it. They are a well built and long lasting engine. I've been running LRP's for about 10 years. I have a 28S3 and 30S2 in 2 of my trucks now.

I found that the 28/30 liked a more restrictive pipe than a typical savage pipe, so I use a losi HT LST2 pipe on mine and the other on my revo has a THS big block revo pipe on it that has a similar sized exhaust stinger. Back before I ran LRP, I liked the HPI Polished pipe, but the LRP28's did not like that pipe. I could tune to get a clean low end and high end, but the middle suffered a lot. With a more restrictive pipe, I could get the engine to sing cleanly from idle to WOT all day long running byrons 25% and odonnel medium temp plugs.

Checked again, LRP is back in business ;)
Now when my motor arrive (and the CEN pipe) i will try this combo.

Also what's the appropriate gearing for the LRP ZR32 SPEC4 ?
ATM I've 16/52 & 15/52 gearing.

Olds found what TDA is talking about RE: LRP--

http://www.lrp.cc/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I came across that a few weeks ago. Forgot about it. Hoping that means they are still in the nitro business as well as electric as it seems they made pretty good esc's and whatnot as well.

Yes they are back in business.
The stores on my area are getting LRP motors too.
Also I wrote to LRP directly - thery’re back ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back