Savage XL first impression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Geo

So I recently just got back into Nitro RC, and decided to get the savage XL.. Truck is broken in, and I have just started to tune the engine a tad bit. Truck is running extremely well and temps have been perfect, lots of power with the K5.9 motor. Was running through thick grass, and very stable in the air. Only bad thing that I have encountered is the steering servo is slow (ordered one before the truck even got here) truck can barley turn and the radio is not to my liking !! other than that its an awesome truck... I am still a tad bit rusty in regards to tuning. So when ever I hit the brakes hard the truck stalls out %50 percent of the time, should I lean out the low speed needle or adjust the idle screw ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try tightening up your servo saver to get it to turn better, look at the carb when you hit the brakes.... Does the slide close? You can do that with it sitting on a table.

First Off WELCOME to the forum!!!
Well I am thinking it may be in the linkage causing the throttle valve to close and kill the engine, if it is not that then possibly raising the idle a bit may prevent it from dying....
one last thing to remember This is a Family Forum therefore language in posts needs to reflect this, so I edited your post to remove profanity.....
Hope you are enjoying your truck and if ya have further questions please feel Free to ask anytime...

First Off WELCOME to the forum!!!
Well I am thinking it may be in the linkage causing the throttle valve to close and kill the engine, if it is not that then possibly raising the idle a bit may prevent it from dying....
one last thing to remember This is a Family Forum therefore language in posts needs to reflect this, so I edited your post to remove profanity.....
Hope you are enjoying your truck and if ya have further questions please feel Free to ask anytime...
Thanks guys, I will check it out when I am home... also I know this is a dumb question and like I said I am just getting back into the hobby and could not find in the manual.. Is the idle screw located where the carb open and closes or is it the one right below the air filter ?

first off, welcome! the shutting off could be the linkage, and it could also be the idle. or both. also with the steering, tighten the servo saver{ like joe said} if u want to replace the servo, I have an hitec hs646mg on mine. plenty of power. for the radio, I would suggest a flysky fs-gt3c. about 50$, so it's pretty cheap. have fun! the savage is a great truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back