Savage XL conv to regular Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diabeetus

Hey will all the stuff from my Savage XL bolt onto a normal length Savage chassis? I'm tired of there being nothing out there for the XL. Thanks.

Other than dog bones and cups Hi-speed 3 speed and machine cut diffs. The XL uses all the same parts as the X.

Hey will all the stuff from my Savage XL bolt onto a normal length Savage chassis? I'm tired of there being nothing out there for the XL. Thanks.

what exactly are you looking for that you cant find bro? another option for you may be a set of flm ext tvps cuz they're just a bit shorter than your XL tvps, much thicker & come with the included rear dog bone got mine at SMF have a look ---> http://storefront.smfstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_183_204&products_id=861

the savage XL is a fast truck with great stearing,but its top heavy and rolls over easy is there anything i can do to make it turn better? If I go to a smaller tire will this keep it from rolling over?

So far all the xl an x stuff i have put into my 25 savy has fit but yes the rear doggy if different

every single savage part works on all models... x or pre x, just make sure u use the right parts ie xl drive cups to xl bones.

scarecrow, as for your steering, the xl is acctually more stable the a regualar savage one of the many ways to help in the aid to fix it you want to lower it a bit, no matter what its not no truggy but u can get close

Typically all savages tip very easily, however there are things you can do. Best thing I would say is to get some offset rims. 1/2in offset rims makes the truck 1" wider and makes a huge improvement in handling. You can also lower the truck using different shocks or putting limiters in the stock shocks.

Typically all savages tip very easily
You got that right! lol
Slow down before you turn and you will find that helps a lot. Also offset rims like mentioned above will help considerably.

Just drive it in a straight line... Problem Solved!!

I'm actually going from a regular savage25 to and XL. And have seen many do the same, but as far as the reverse, you're the first.

well thanks for your help with this, i put a set of dog bones on the back and mulchers on the front and it turns great at any speed

Latest posts

Members online

Back