Savage xl 5.9 v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

Hey guys I have been away for along time and I see that hpi has become complicated does anyone know if they plan on releasing the xl 5.9 v2? or is the company pretty much going down for business I can't seem to find much info anywhere.

RipMax who bought HPI at Bankruptcy supposedly going to keep putting out parts and updated kits, I know some parts and kits have made it to the US but it is very sporadic, Maybe it will improve into 2019 and beyond, we will just have to wait and see because information is slow to come also.....

My Last E Mail to HPI US came back with a generic answer that was kind of evasive and vague......

ya that is what I have heard as well. I also tried looking up there customer service number on the hpi website and its like a fake number now but oh well hopefully for 2019 they will be back strong again.

it's a shame really, the company was originally Incorporated on13 March 1998 and ran strong until they went into administration in 2014/15. It would be great if someone was able to pick up the reigns and bring the company back to mainstream again... imagine the resurgence of HPI against Traxxas and the X Maxx : )

Well @tonynash74 it seems you live a few kilometers from HPI / RIPMAX , Maybe you could drop in and ask them whats taking so long LOL.

HPI Racing Ltd
19 William Nadin Way
Swadlincote
Derbyshire UK

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is the typical response given to Emails-

RE: Parts

HPI Customer Services <[email protected]>
Reply|Thu 8/16,2018 12:50 AM

Good Morning,
We are having deliveries every month here in the UK. Once we receive and unload them they are sent on to distributors around the world.
We are working on improving the quantities to reduce the waiting time we are seeing currently.
Kind Regards
Josh Nixon
Customer Service Technician

Last edited:
it's a shame really, the company was originally Incorporated on13 March 1998 and ran strong until they went into administration in 2014/15. It would be great if someone was able to pick up the reigns and bring the company back to mainstream again... imagine the resurgence of HPI against Traxxas and the X Maxx : )

I had thought they were founded in 1986 I could be wrong but I do agree with you I really hope 2019 is a better year for the brand.

A month ago I contacted HPI about the release of Savage XL v2. They replied saying they can't give any information other than that it would be released somewhere in 2019...

Hpi is out of there mind making people wait that long, people are already turning to aftermarket for parts support

So good luck to them, they need it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back