Savage XL 5.9 V2

what your option on this... what would you go for?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnPhillips

Savage XL 5.9 V2
The updated Savage XL 2.0 features a variety of upgrades and changes to one of the most popular Savage monster trucks, making it faster, meaner and even bigger! Underneath the GTXL-1 in a cool new subdued color, the chassis is the same as the colossal Savage XL Octane, with its TVP design, 3-speed Octane transmission, triple brake disc system, a complete set of all-metal Super HD drivetrain parts and the legendary Savage suspension. The brand new F5.9 engine powers the truck for increased acceleration and power to blast over obstacles and the roughest of terrain. The Savage XL 5.9 2.0 is ready to take to the roughest, toughest spots you know for all-day bashing fun!

Attachments

• 116050_img_7402w_579_340.jpg
    116050_img_7402w_579_340.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 11
I didn't know there was a version 2. I just picked up a used XL and only have 1 tank through it and I love it. I don't regret buying my 25 first, but if I knew now what I did then....

I didn't know there was a version 2. I just picked up a used XL and only have 1 tank through it and I love it. I don't regret buying my 25 first, but if I knew now what I did then....

There isn't a V2....yet. There are a number of potential RCs HPI prototyped and displayed at toy shows a long time back. Slowly some of them have come out, but to my knowledge none of the Savages have yet.

Well I haven't seen the plans for the V2. I'll have to take a look. Wonder if they fixed the tuning issues with the 5.9?

Well I haven't seen the plans for the V2. I'll have to take a look. Wonder if they fixed the tuning issues with the 5.9?

Not much info is out there yet. @JohnPhillips posted the synopsis from HPI's site. They have certainly done something with the engine, as it is no longer the K5.9. It is now the F5.9.

https://hpiracing.world/en/kit/116050

@Jam Racing 1 I didn't even notice the letter difference in front of the engine. Been pretty busy here at work today. I'll check out that link in the mean time. Yeah, I went back and read what he posted. I don't really see much improvement or difference in my very novice opinion.

@Jam Racing 1 I didn't even notice the letter difference in front of the engine. Been pretty busy here at work today. I'll check out that link in the mean time. Yeah, I went back and read what he posted. I don't really see much improvement or difference in my very novice opinion.

Wait......did Jam post and I didn't notice? hahahahhah :confused: o_O :banghead:

I think someone is confused. :D

Is this like one of those comments where "all you mods look alike"?

Wait......did Jam post and I didn't notice? hahahahhah :confused: o_O :banghead:

I think someone is confused. :D

Is this like one of those comments where "all you mods look alike"?

Oh man. Multitasking fail. Told you I was busy at work lol. He'd been responding to my other posts here recently. Sorry about that X. Glad you got a good laugh out of it.

By the pics it doesn't look much different from the v1, but maybe some better pics and vids may help some with that.... I am surely not gonna run down and buy one right away thats for sure :)

they also have a v2 octane.

Savage XL Octane V2

The Savage XL Octane gets a big makeover with this awesome ‘V2’ release! The Savage XL Octane V2 is now easier to start than ever before with its factory broken-in GT15C engine, plus it's more powerful thanks to a huge new aluminum tuned pipe. The truck is also more reliable with a relocated electronics box featuring large cooling vents, plus the CDI electronics and receiver are now easier to use with LiPo-compatible battery boxes, which Octane owners will really appreciate. You'll still get more than 20-minute runtimes and be able to get the most out of the legendary Savage toughness thanks to its TVP chassis design and super-durable suspension and drivetrain - the Savage XL Octane V2 is even better and more enjoyable than ever before!

Attachments

• 116386_fs_01_193_100.jpg
    116386_fs_01_193_100.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 116386_fs_02_193_100.jpg
    116386_fs_02_193_100.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 116386_fs_03_193_100.jpg
    116386_fs_03_193_100.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 116386_img_7403w_193_100.jpg
    116386_img_7403w_193_100.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 116386_img_7404w_193_100.jpg
    116386_img_7404w_193_100.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 5
When are these supposedly available? Other than the letter designation in front of the engine that X pointed out, I don't really see anything new.

Oh and the 3 disk brakes now are new. I'm not so sure that's an "earth shattering feature" as my dual disks work fine.

Last edited:
From what I have seen in pics, the electronics are situated on the side where the fuel tank used to be, and the fuel tank is inboard the tvp's up front...I would really love to see a nitro or electric savage come from HPI with EVERYTHING inboard the tvp's in an XL sized platform.

Price tag will most likely be steep, so finding a used XL might be the best option for most of us still.

Well after looking at the pictures I really don't see that much of a "change" as yet, guess it may be awhile until they release it as RipMax has recently taken control and I am sure most of what is posted is stuff that hpi already had on the drawing boards, so I don't expect anything earth shattering in design or performance...

That being said everyone knows I am a cheap old guy so I don't see a new truck in my near future, I will be content buying mine used and modding them the way I want anyway, after all getting a "barn find" is always more fun thinking of what can be done with them......

Not much info is out there yet. @JohnPhillips posted the synopsis from HPI's site. They have certainly done something with the engine, as it is no longer the K5.9. It is now the F5.9.

https://hpiracing.world/en/kit/116050
When you pay a bit of attention to the crankcase you can see everything is completely the same as a force. 36 it works fine for about a gallon and then the rod tends to go happened to me stil a bad engine

Latest posts

Members online

Back