Savage Xl 5.9 3 Speed Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldsmithsimon

Hey, I'm a newby to the site,Hi all. Got a savage xl 5.9 that is 15 tanks old and already probs. Not shifting. Upon inspection found washer and 2 bearings stripped inside gearbox. Anyone else had probs?:duh:

i don't have an XL, but saw its your first post & thought id throw a wave at ya. Welcome to hpisf Simon!

I never had tranny problems yet but 1 gallon in the pistin skirt flaked away and ran metal filings threw the mill!!

Welcome you to the forum! I have not had any problems with the trany bearings but I am sure someone will be able to help you out.

Welcome to the forum!
smiley-music013.gif

I have an XL haven't had any issues with the tranny. Just remember these things are mass produced so we get weak links here and there. I'd say talk to HPI but it'll be less stressful to just get new bearings man.

Thankyou All

Hi All
Thanks heaps on all the replies and advice.Have emailed hpi awaiting their reply. In the mean time have stripped it down and ordered parts needed. Got bearings over counter but 2 weeks wait on washer.Still searching.Bugger
Thanks again guys

Hey man bugger about the piston but i suppose we all have some problems. Shame some are bigger than others. Hope you get it going soon.Still love my HPI though

Members online

Back