savage xl 3 speed gear box ~

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vios8820

i have a x 4.6 which is 2speed.. so if i want to change to 3speed or i just get some gear inside ? or i need a whole new gear box ?
oh ya ~ hows does the 3speed gear box performance ? does it last longer than 2 speed ? i heard from my friends that he striped idle gear inside the gear box faster than 2speed izzit ture ?

in answer to your first question,yes HPI has the 3 speed conversion kit were you just change or install the three speed gears but for people that may not be mechanically inclined you can grab the whole setup tranny and all for fairly cheap as well..As far as which one last's longer I'm not sure,as i've never run the 3 speed as of yet as far as difference in performance from what i have heard the 3 speed really rips...

The three speed conversion will fit in the 2 speed box, but like Sadsack said getting a complete 3 speed trans is the easier option for most people. That way you have a 2 speed trans as a backup in case of a failure. I am running a 3 speed from a XL and have not had any problems. The truck simply rips through the gears and will take off like a rocket.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back