Savage x4.6 - Full throttle problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottbot302

3 Weeks ago I got my first Savage x4.6, this isn't my first nitro (My dad passed his tmaxx pro .15 onto me after keeping it for running for 14 years) but my first Savage x4.6. The problem I am having now is when I go full throttle, and I have no clue what to do because this has never happened on my tmaxx...

Here's the Video link:

Hopefully one of you guys knows whats happening and can help
-thanks

Last edited:
I did some searches on here and found k4.6 factory settings and searched tuning guide etc. I think you should do the same and do some reading. I wish I knew how to have quoted or linked what I found to this post but I'm sure you can search and find them too. If that were my x 4.6 I would make sure engine/carb and fuel system were air tight and fuel was flowing to carb then I would start tuning the high speed needle.

Just checked and everything is airtight, going to replace stock fuel line tomorrow and see if that helps any. It wasn't doing this until I got below that line in the fuel tank.

Hopefully just a tuning issue. Good luck and welcome to the site. You have come to the right place and I'm confident all your Savage information needs can be found here. ;)

Well richen up the high needle and run it with a full tank, you almost have to run some of these stupid rich on a full tank and they will run better with a half full tank....

But usually you can just run half a tank and refill.... tune it to run well on a full tank and just keep the tank full....

Latest posts

Members online

Back