Savage x or Xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007st1300abs

Hi guys , I’m looking at purchasing my first savage . I am leaning towards the xl over the x , what advantages does the xl have over the x ?

I much prefer the X over the xl,
The only issue I find with the X is its a bit tippy going into corners,
I've a set of half inch axle extenders on mine which cures this issue,
Can now drift the corners,

The xl bored me with lack of wheelies and not as snappy handling,
I've had 4 of them over the years and have always went back to the X

The savage xl comes with wider axles stock and around couple inches longer than the X
The xl is also 3 speed,
Which is good,but can fail with a big power nitro engine,
The stock xl engine is the k5.9 which have there own flaws,
Poor top end rpms and thirsty for all the power they put out,
A good 28 engine will show it up.

The X is easy wheelies and a bit more sketchy to drive. I go with the X because it fit in my truck bag the best and I like the less predictable handling a shorter chassis tends to give.

I run both and don't notice much of a difference TBH. You can extend the X or shorten the XL

The X is easy wheelies .
Oh, I love doing wheelies with both of them. lol Do any of you like to do wheelies. I have a video where I did a wheelie I will put in the video section. Wheelies are awesome (I don't know which one wheelies better they seem the same to me on that aspect).

I have an X mid tank mod, an XL and a hot bodies truckzilla. The Zilla is longer than the X but shorter than the XL.. I like it most out of the bunch.. But my XL will wheelie on demand with a Nova 28-8 Rex Legend

Attachments

• 20191123_155411.jpg
    20191123_155411.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm in the same boat, I have an X to rebuild and everything to make it an XL, but I 've always gone back to the regular X. Still thinking about this...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back