savage x charger lead install battery box or larger battery cover mod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

Hey all so my savage x has the port on the side of the battery box for the charger lead. Any idea on how I can set that up? I’m a little confused because my hump pack has that futaba connector and it plugs directly into my reciever. Currently I don’t have a power switch because my power switch is the original JST connector so i probably have to buy a switch too. However I assume the charger lead would plugs into the reciever directly too, but then when it’s charging wouldn’t it end up powering up my reciever? Or how would this work

Or

I would be happy with a larger battery box mod or soemthing because the small one is hard to put all the wires in without crushing

Thx

The on/off switch should have 3 wires coming out of it, one to battery, one to receiver and one to charge port. Switch connector type need to match battery and charge port.

The on/off switch should have 3 wires coming out of it, one to battery, one to receiver and one to charge port. Switch connector type need to match battery and charge port.
so does that mean the charger port doesnt pass thru the switch and goes directly to the battery? the reason i ask is because when i plug the charger on, how would it charge if the switch is set to 'OFF' or wouldnt it end up powering on the receiever when plugged into the battery charger

The switch is a two position switch with a common middle pin. So when it's in one direction, the middle pin and the pin in that direction has continuity and in the other direction, the middle pin and other pin does. Only one wire is used for the receiver or battery on the switch, usually the + I think.

Here's a diagram:
2021-0408-RC_Switch_with_Charge_Lead-diagram.jpg

The switch is a two position switch with a common middle pin. So when it's in one direction, the middle pin and the pin in that direction has continuity and in the other direction, the middle pin and other pin does. Only one wire is used for the receiver or battery on the switch, usually the + I think.

Here's a diagram:
2021-0408-RC_Switch_with_Charge_Lead-diagram.jpg
that makes complete sense thanks so much

I had made a port for mine on my savage-x when I had it. Didn't even know it ever came with one and wondered what that hole was I covered up on the other side! I used the spot where the battery meter would have gone and a scrap piece of plastic.
2012-1223-SavageChargeJack.jpg

I also put one on my losi aftershock when I had it:
2008-0105-ASChargeRecepticalExternal.jpg

After having one on my nitro revo's, it made things very convenient, so I figured ways to put them on all my trucks if they didn't have one.

The switch is not the question. I was actually asking about that port from olds97.

Latest posts

Members online

Back