Savage X - 3 Speed Transmission... Nightmare?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like someone sold you a canoworms, only one thing left now is to completely tear it down clean EVERYTHING and find and fix all the headaches before trying to run it any more......

Looks like someone sold you a canoworms, only one thing left now is to completely tear it down clean EVERYTHING and find and fix all the headaches before trying to run it any more......
Picked it up for 250. Not a bad deal on a savage x. Came with a digital remote... aluminum frame... dual oil shocks all the way around... "upgraded" 3 speed tranny

I paid $120 for my Savage X and had to do it all up my way, it was a box of parts anyway and had been run hard and put away wet as yours seems to have been.... I am a restorer at heart anyway so I didnt mind it being in pieces....
I am well satisfied as to how mine came out.....

I paid $120 for my Savage X and had to do it all up my way, it was a box of parts anyway and had been run hard and put away wet as yours seems to have been.... I am a restorer at heart anyway so I didnt mind it being in pieces....
I am well satisfied as to how mine came out.....
I plan on cleaning it up before running it again. Hope it doesn't need much else other than a tranny. Seems to run strong.

With parts being hard to find right now that might be difficult. But hopefully one of us members have none laying around that he or she would be willing to part with cheap. If your gears turn out to be trashed.

With parts being hard to find right now that might be difficult. But hopefully one of us members have none laying around that he or she would be willing to part with cheap. If your gears turn out to be trashed.
Gears look good..case is shot. Might need a new bearing kit

ok, for cheap reasons I think you have a savage 25 transmission , there is a savage 25 case on ebay right now for about 5.00 plus shipping, seems to be the cheapest way right now and fastest. if you live near a hovvy shop they would have bearings. or look on line

Latest posts

Members online

Back