Savage TVP for racing: Why not Carbon Fiber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgzt

Edit:. sorry - I thought they're the same price. I was looking at different TVP (http://www.innovative-rc.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_40_31&products_id=90)

Savage gurus,

Most of the setup I've seen here are FLM or IRC but not CF. I am just wondering why not CF? Is it easy to break?

I am new to this and I am thinking about getting one. Thanks in advance for the advice

Last edited by a moderator:
only reason i don't go CF is cuz of the price of it and also cuz I'm not a racer so I'm not trying to squeeze every last once out of the
truck. i do love the look and everything tho.

ya cf is a great product just pricey thats all!! but its pretty much just as tough!!

werksclutchpics043.jpg

99 bucks

fullforce rc

I love my cf and want more

+1, carbon fiber will be next set of tvps for Basher. I keep hearing that they

are not only lighter, but that carbon is one of the strongest materials on the

planet. Luckily 1 of my bros is getting a full carbon fiber set up from Larz &

plans to beat the snots out of it. Lucky me, work just bought me a new digital

60 gig vid camera so you will be able to see how tuff they are. :rockout:

Oh, and on the "price" note, they are a few bucks more, but ask Crash how

long his CF set up has lasted & he runs nothing but modded mills.

I've been running a set of CF plates that are 4 layer quasi fiber. Yes to all the info below. They clean up real well, just wipe them down and your good. Been running these for over 5yrs now. The guy who sold them is not selling Savage stuff anymore. There for I will not say his name. Flm is cost effective and a very good choice. CF cost a bit more but that's the nature of the beast. You can bash the living hell out of them. They will not bend on you not like alum.

Take a look at Larsen Racing for CF. He has a growing selection of parts.

Thanks guys and yes you can bash the hell out of the CF plates and will not harm them. All of my parts are pretty much made from 4mm Quasi-iso weave Carbon Fiber and will take anything you can throw at them along with being super light, only half of what the FLM's are but quite a bit more expensive. They also like HOP stated will look just as good as new for practically ever. They will not fade nor dull in a very long time. I run my stuff on 2 of my savages and they get beat. Here is a link to one of them:http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/larsenracing/Our Parts/Savage chassis/
Otherwise, check out our section on the forum.

You can see our Platinumrcproducts Carbon Fiber parts web site below, just click the logo.

I really like carbon fiber but like everyone says its the price I would have went with yours Larsen but the Fastlane stuff is half the price. If mine bend or something I will probally go with yours.

On a simmular note how come on your site for you carbon fiber roll bar it says for "racing or light bashing" if carbon fiber is strong why won't it take a big beating?

It will take the beating. But I just gatta cover my self some, LOL. The one on my truck has taken jumps landing upside down from 20+ feet in the air and sliding accrost the pavement upside down. I should probably change that, That was done before it was proven to be strong enough.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. My savage was stolen yesterday 4/10/09
If u see one for sale on ebay or Craigslist in Houston please let me know.
I just put some hop ups below:
-Buku Exhaust
-ofna fail safe
-battery indicator
-HS645MG servo
-SS metal spur gear
-SS Clutch gear
-HPI dirt bonze tire

The body is torn in the back side and it has silver carbon fiber roof.

That sucks Mgzt. I hope you get your truck back andd they find the looser who took it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back