Savage SS with RB modded STS D30M

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiantspaz

Took some vids of the Savage to show you guys how well the HPI carb works on the STS D30M. I had to break the vids up into 100MB parts to upload them to Youtube.

The Savage is an SS 4.6 with HE driveline, 3 speed, X diffhousings running a 15T CB/47T spur and some other small mods. The tune on the STS is rich because I don't run full race tune while bashing so there is more RPM and power to be had with this mill, you can easily see the smoke trail.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvQc3TnpirM
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpsbvmLOfTc
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GGKx7dJpD8

I need to upload the rest, Youtube is in snail mode tonite :dunno:

Let me know what you guys think.

Wow Thats Power....................nice Vid
I like it when the camera guy calls the nieghbor an idiot. funny stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
The truck is really fun to drive. I am going to try moving up to a 16T CB to try and get a little less wheelies out of the corners at the local track. The track has fairly short straights and I really never top the Savage out with the 15T it is just a pain to have to feather the throttle coming out of the slow corners. I do love pulling the front wheels the entire way down the front and back straight though:10:

Actually I was talking to my pops, he told me my cousin got arrested at the fireworks for assault, I was calling my cousin an idiot :whipit:

cool vids defiantspaz! and nice work on your truck!
4x4

Hey, buddy!!!
Most un-haynus on the torquibus, dude..
Now what was the neighbor being a jerk about, anyway?

"Actually I was talking to my pops, he told me my cousin got arrested at the fireworks for assault, I was calling my cousin an idiot" qoute from difiantspaz

Fantastic!!!!! Hmmmm wheelies down the straight - away's. That would definitly distract other drivers as they are going holy crap!

Thanks guys, the truck could have more topend with different gearing BUT I don't need the extra speed.

Doob, thanks for the crosspost. I will be taking some more vid once it cools down abit, VERY HOT and HUMID in Connecticut right now.

Wheelies down the straight to distract other drives HUH, it might have worked at first but everyone is used to it by now. You don't even need full throttle to pull the front wheels, part throttle will pull um up and carry them until you let off or run out of gear.

I may look into getting a stock D30M to do a comparison between it and Rick's version. Rick's has instant throttle responce and the powerband is big and flat. Pulling wheelies while driving down hill take a ton of power, up hill wheelies are just too easy. To see how easily the RB STS rips the front of the Savage up just shows the amount of power it is making.

I was hoping that Mark from STSMicroengines.com would see these vids.

Sorry to post the vid while you are in the middle of your new mill crissis Tek.

I hope you get the STS, that way you can shock the crowd with straight awy wheelies :bling:

Sweet vids, nice truck looks fun lol i spend more time fixing plus my motor isnt fully broken it yet

Latest posts

Members online

Back