Savage part DEUX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpinitromt

ok, so I'm back at my happy place and i figured what better way to celebrate than with a new savage project!!
i had a spare savage collecting dust, stock with no motor, so heres what i plan on, i want a dirt lot, parking lot, street basher kinda thing going on, so i broke out my mason jar full of cash and ordered up some goodies, heres the short list so far...
LRP .28 spec 3
no pipe yet..still deciding
HPI suspension conversion kit
HPI 17mm cvd conversion set
HPI aluminum big bore's
NOVA shock towers (my second set. i love these towers)
HPI carbon fiber chassis
RPM lower a-arms
HPI 3 speed tranny
HPI flux diffs (had a spare set)

so thats it so far, when the parts come in, ill start posting pics on the build
i wont be able to break the engine in yet, as its about 15 degrees here in upstate NY

because i liked them, i have the flux bones on my elec. convert savage, and love them, but i like the cvds with the truggy style 17mm hexes
just a perference thing i guess

stuff should be in on weds. so the build will start weds. night when the kids go to bed :)

I'm thinking i may, ive always wanted to do a mid tank, so ive been researching it, i like the parts that platinum has, it look easy that way, and they have that brace to mount the hump pack to the shock tower, just seems pretty easy to use thier stuff, ill running a LiPo RX battery in this truck also...ill be taking the castle bec off my summit, to use on this project

Looks like this is going to be a sweet build!!! Will be waiting to see the pics of your build.. :peace:

I'm thinking i may, ive always wanted to do a mid tank, so ive been researching it, i like the parts that platinum has, it look easy that way, and they have that brace to mount the hump pack to the shock tower, just seems pretty easy to use thier stuff, ill running a LiPo RX battery in this truck also...ill be taking the castle bec off my summit, to use on this project

I would recomend the cen/mugan midtank for those tvp's as they are not lcg enough for the 250 midtank to work quite right. And with that you won't need the rpm receiver box mounted somewhere or the rush box in the front of your tvp's as they both fit in the cen box right next to the tank inside the tvp's. Jmo.

thanks for advice, ill be needing it because i have never done a mid tank convo, i have some lcg tvps, but there on elec. savage, i needed longer tvps, because it was a wheelie machine, so if i can use the stock lenght carbon tvps i bought, that would be cool for me

ok, so the brown santa came yesterday and brought me some ebay presents
everything is used except the motor mount, it all cost about $100 with shipping, i love ebay, lol
the tranny is a 3 speed
the tvps are hpi CF
and since this truck is planned to be mostly a dirt lot/grass/street terror, i thought the losi park tires would work good, as you can see, they werent used very much
I'm looking forward to recieving the LRP engine, ive never owned anything by them

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy4/hpinitromt2/rc stuff/DSC02170.jpg

Yep you can do the cen/mugan mid tank on those tvp's you will need to custom make a few things but nothing to much.

and there is a thread under the mid tank section? ive read about the cen/mugen mod a few years ago
don't remember much about it
i don't remember what i did last week
thc was not good to me

ok, so i decided to do the ofna 250cc tank mod, i just ordered the tank and a fastlane servo mount and some standoffs for the tank
i also ordered a waterproof RX box from traxxas and i already have a LiPo RX pack from maxamps, its waterproof, so i shouldnt have any problem mounting that
I'm getting excited now that parts will be here soon!

No the CG of the tvp's makes the trans a bit to high. It can be done on the x or xl tvp's with a little finness.

ive seen a post where someone did a 250cc mod on stockers, but i have a set xl tvps i can use or ill just buy another set

That was done by a good buddy of mine. I say give it a go like I said it can be done but takes a little more work to make it fit than the cen/mugan set up.

If you are thinking of getting another set of tvp's I would say the Platnium RC Products EXT LCG ones are the best out there or coming in second the FLM ext LCG tvp's. They both are designed to work with a midtank and make it a simple bolt up.

don't worry, its taken care of, i just ordered a flm ext xl tvps..?(thats alot of intitials,lol) now i can keep my x

l tvps on my elec. savage convo. :)

its like xmas around here, i cant sleep, I'm in love with the brown santa!

hey pope, i wonder how far you are from me? I'm a hour and a half from albany,ny the capitol, i wouldnt driving a little for a nice weekend of bashing!

does anyone know about how much runtime i can expect to get with an LRP 28 and the 250cc tank mod?

I get 15 to twenty with my picco can't see that motor being much diffrent but it really depends on how you are driving it.

Members online

Back