Savage Octane problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arod3000s

having problems starting the engine , carbs has been clean, new filter spark plug batteries ect... it start then stall after 2mins , have check the ls and hs but nothing, motor pretty clean and in good conditions , main issue is that it start and stall after 2 mins basically it wont run.. not even my nitros or bajas have gave me so much pain. i really want it to start and enjoyed ( am the 2nd owner , it was a buddy of mines and it was well keep just like the other rc we got, the truck has 5 tanks ran on it. ) i have read the forums and alot of them are carb settings issue , i haven't try the 2s LiPo for the ignition instead of the 6v battery might try it today but kinda know thats not the problem here. it got to be something in the carb not letting gas flow thru after it start up,HELP ME OUT HERE PLS AND ON THE FUTURE I WILL HELP YOU HEHE... i don't know if it still needs the break in process, the Octane its pretty new to me but my knowledge on other rc its pretty big its not like i started few day ago and once you know it is simple but we all learn every day more about the hobby.. so lets see what you guys can help me with I'm open to any info...

having problems starting the engine , carbs has been clean, new filter spark plug batteries ect... it start then stall after 2mins , have check the ls and hs but nothing, motor pretty clean and in good conditions , main issue is that it start and stall after 2 mins basically it wont run.. not even my nitros or bajas have gave me so much pain. i really want it to start and enjoyed ( am the 2nd owner , it was a buddy of mines and it was well keep just like the other rc we got, the truck has 5 tanks ran on it. ) i have read the forums and alot of them are carb settings issue , i haven't try the 2s LiPo for the ignition instead of the 6v battery might try it today but kinda know thats not the problem here. it got to be something in the carb not letting gas flow thru after it start up,HELP ME OUT HERE PLS AND ON THE FUTURE I WILL HELP YOU HEHE... i don't know if it still needs the break in process, the Octane its pretty new to me but my knowledge on other rc its pretty big its not like i started few day ago and once you know it is simple but we all learn every day more about the hobby.. so lets see what you guys can help me with I'm open to any info...

There is a post here on this forum were the guy changed the carb with good results

Could be the ignition box is dying and once it's been running a bit, it heats up and fails.

The ignition box got swap or a new one just in case but still the same problem, so far it we stall bcz it dry no gas on it so it has to be carb problems

There is a post here on this forum were the guy changed the carb with good results
yeah i have read a few of them with carb problems and with a new carbs everything goes back to normal... the bad thing is that the carb is out of stock for a new one not even DDM have them on stock so i might have to wait or put a slight bigger carb which is better more gas flow... but yeah I'm still stuck

so I purchase a new carb and it came with new lines and filter so I replace everything , prime the carb pull few times all the battery were fully charge the engine started rite away , now I'm thinking great problem solve no i can enjoy my octane to the fullest when i gave it gas its stall , turn it back again give it gas and stall again I haven't touch the needles at all, should I play around with the hs n ls ? I'm really confuse about it. it should be a simple thing that its turning onto a nightmare....

so I took the engine apart to find the piston ring to be bad , so i try to get it out of ebay like always well its out of stock :(.
i read some of the forums again the ones that mention about the O.S. gt15 engine well is also out of stock nice way to end up the beginning of the week and happy 4th of July to every one :D

Latest posts

Members online

Back