savage k5.9 jead button stripped!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymanrols

hi everybody need some help I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I'm at a loss,,I have a stripped head button,,anyone offer a insert service anywhere? or any ideas how to fix
thankyou

Try a general google search and check that way, who makes the k series engines as i know f series is made by force so maybe check that way

thanks m8,,,I'm gonna mod a turbo glow plug into it,,funny I found the gaskets for it no problem,, hpi parts manufacturers pretty much such at the moment!!

heres a pic of mine, the force 36 looks similar minus the holes

Attachments

• IMG_20200902_113316.jpg
    IMG_20200902_113316.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 6
to anybody else looking for one here's the closest match I can find 1mm difference in circumference, this will fit on the k5.9 thanks to guinessdublin who pointed me on the right track!???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200904-163634_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200904-163634_eBay.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 12
Well the Force .36 is supposed to be the same engine as the HPI K5.9 engine minus different head design etc, worth a gamble! ??

my bad 38 is 6.3 I went with 38 because the dimensions were in the listing,see pic,,same size,might have to take a little off the outer circumference.will post results

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200907-140202_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200907-140202_eBay.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 2
to let everyone know both force buttons are a fail,,funny hpi still sell the block for the k5.9 but not the head button,,anybody got one for sale???

Yes surely they can’t be that different they both come out same factory?
the bore size is different,this i managed to do,,it was also to deep into the cylinder,,I patiently filed it down until there was clearance for the piston,,then had to notch the outer edge to allow for head bolts to fit straight,,it failed to start,,just kept going tight as soon as throttled engine failed to turn nearly burnt out rotor starter....I think the depth of the button is my failure,,as I don't know how far it should fit into sleeve as my stripped button is being sorted by a friend of a friend and don't know if or when I get it back..any ideas would be appreciated!!thank-you for replying.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but not RC.

I have accidently stripper out the thread in the K5.9 button, unable to get hold of one (UK) Is the anyway to repair? I guess there is no alternative part to use,

Thanks

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but not RC.

I have accidently stripper out the thread in the K5.9 button, unable to get hold of one (UK) Is the anyway to repair? I guess there is no alternative part to use,

Thanks
I've just bought one off ebay a couple popped up,,if not I have a second hand one you can purchase.

Latest posts

Members online

Back