Savage Flux xl for slow and powerful esc + motor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petur Petursson

Good day
And thanks for giving me the opportunity to join the Hpi Savage forum.com
I need advice regarding esc and motor in it
Savage flux xl
I have only driven the car 3 times since I bought it in June 2023.
the thing is that I use the car, and I have to start off very gently on small offroad hills and then full speed on a steep track, sometimes I have to reverse very slowly a car length if I have to adjust the direction for a steep slope.
The original motor and esc that comes in the car are so rough that it is almost impossible to take off very slowly, for example reversing in the middle of a hill.
For what I want to use the car, it is not possible with such a rough esc,
I refer to, for example, the Savage petrol cars (which I already own many cars) and it was possible to take off very slowly and reverse very slowly a car length.
I have been running on two 2s batteries to try to get smooth motion.
I tried the first time on 3s and it was just hopeless for my project,
it's very cool to see video when driving on grass or flat ground, because it doesn't matter if everything goes quickly at full speed.
I put here a link from youtube where you can see full-grown 4x4 jeeps doing things that I am doing with my little rc Savage flux xl ( try to do ) laugh.
PS
Can anyone here point me to a very good esc and probably a motor as a combo together for this use as I want to do.

Please copy the youtube file I put below, then you will know what I am trying to do with the rc electric Savage flux xl.

Drive on a river.

The name of the video í out below.

YouTube.​

FORMULA OFFROAD ICELAND, BEST TRACK FINISHES 2023

Thanks in advance
an old man who is trying to do some quiet and challenging driving.
Best regards
Pétur Pétursson
Reykjavík
Iceland.

Last edited:
After reading your post, I think a crawler would have been a better option, instead of a Flux XL...
In my opinion, you need a sensored combo (Motor and ESC), I would suggest a Castle Creations combo.
For the motor I would get the 1515-2200 KV motor
For the ESC you have tree options:
-Mamba Monster X
-Cobra 8
-Mamba Monster X 8S

The brand Hobbywing also has some good products, but I prefer the Castle ones. I own a Mamba Monster X + 2200kv motor and the Mamba Monster X 8S + 1650kv motor, both very reliable.
It's just a matter of how much you want to spend.
If you want to have better crawling abilities with your Savage, I would recommend changing the diff oils for a thicker one, front, rear and back, and lastly, changing that 16t pinion for a 13 tooth one.

After reading your post, I think a crawler would have been a better option, instead of a Flux XL...
In my opinion, you need a sensored combo (Motor and ESC), I would suggest a Castle Creations combo.
For the motor I would get the 1515-2200 KV motor
For the ESC you have tree options:
-Mamba Monster X
-Cobra 8
-Mamba Monster X 8S

The brand Hobbywing also has some good products, but I prefer the Castle ones. I own a Mamba Monster X + 2200kv motor and the Mamba Monster X 8S + 1650kv motor, both very reliable.
It's just a matter of how much you want to spend.
If you want to have better crawling abilities with your Savage, I would recommend changing the diff oils for a thicker one, front, rear and back, and lastly, changing that 16t pinion for a 13 tooth one.
Good evening and
Thanks for the answers.
I have a Traxxas TRX-4 Landrover
Traxxas TRX-4 Chevrolet K10 High Trail Edition
Traxxas Drag Slash
Traxxas Slash 4X4 VXL
Savage flux xl
And he hasn't stopped ha ha
I have 2 Savage nitro cars 4.6 short
and 5.9 xl Savage.
which was fun with the petrol / nitro cars
It was easy to take off and great power at full throttle,
There was just so much noise from the nitro cars in the shopping districts, not eco-friendly for the neighbors :)
But thanks again for the answers
Ps.
Good evening and
Thanks for the answers.
I have a Traxxas TRX-4 Landrover
Traxxas TRX-4 Chevrolet K10 High Trail Edition
Traxxas Drag Slash
Traxxas Slash 4X4 VXL
Savage flux xl
I have 2 Savage nitro cars 4.6 short
and 5.9 xl Savage.
which was fun with the petrol / nitro cars
It was easy to take slow off and great power at full throttle,
There was just so much noise from the nitro cars in the shopping districts, not eco-friendly for the neighbors :)
I'm just trying to approach the same features that the nitro Savage has.
But thanks again for the answers
Peter
Iceland

Latest posts

Members online

Back