Savage Flux Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoosterTail

I have an older model Savage Flux with the original BLUR Esc installed. I wanted to go up to a 4S esc but the batteries that I find will not fit in the stock carriers. Does anyone know if there are larger battery boxes available for these older models?

I wasn't aware that they had different battery boxes. I have a flux HP... forget what esc is on it, but I run 4S total without too much drama about packs I use. I run SMC 9000mah 2S packs.

Do you mean you want to run 8S? 2x4S? If so, I'd be surprised if you can keep it from exploding diffs on you. 6S (2x3S) is pretty nutty. 8S would be for the 1/5 scale stuff.

do they sell the 9000mah smc packs anymore?
You have to keep an eye on the site. I'm not sure if they will offer them again or not. At one point, 9500 extreme packs were on there as well, but they are also no longer there. I got a set of those as well when they were listed.

You can send them an email to see if they intend on supplying either of those again. When I bought the 9500's, the 9000's weren't listed, so I got 2 more 7400's and 2 of the 9500's. Then a week later, the 9000's were listed again.

That said, I get nearly as good of run time out of their 7400 2S packs as I do the 9000mah packs. The 7400's give more punch up until the LVC kicks in. With the 9000mah packs, they kind of fade the last 5 minutes or so, plus they are heavier, which deducts run time a bit as well. The 7400's are also hard pack, so they are less likely to get damaged considering all the slots in the flux battery carriers. I get sticks and rocks making dents in my soft packs on that rig.

Latest posts

Members online

Back